PE Rat anti-Mouse CD125
Clone T21 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name Il5r; Il5ra; IL-5RA; IL-5Rα; IL-5R-alpha; IL-5R subunit alpha
- Concentration 0.2 mg/ml
- Isotype Rat WI, also known as Wistar (outbred) IgG1, λ
- Reactivity Mouse (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Mouse T88-M Cell Line
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The T21 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to CD125 which is also known as the alpha subunit of the IL-5 Receptor (IL5RA/IL-5Rα). CD125 is a type I transmembrane protein that belongs to the hemopoietin receptor and Ig gene superfamilies. It is expressed on B cells and eosinophils. CD125 associates with the Common β chain (βc/Bc) subunit, also known as CD131, to form the functional IL-5 Receptor complex. Mouse IL-5 belongs to the hematopoietic growth factor family of cytokines and promotes the growth and differentiation of B cells and eosinophils. Upon binding, the T21 antibody blocks IL-5 binding to its receptor and can inhibit IL-5 induced B-cell proliferation and antibody production.
- Format PE
- Excitation Source Blue 488 nm,Green 532 nm,Yellow/Green 561 nm
- Excitation Max 496 nm
- Emission Max 578 nm
R-phycoerythrin (PE) is an accessory photosynthetic pigment found in red algae. It exists in vitro as a 240-kDa protein with 23 phycoerythrobilin chromophores per molecule. This makes PE one of the brightest fluorochromes for flow cytometry applications, but its photobleaching properties make it unsuitable for fluorescence microscopy.
Suggested Companion Products
|RECURSOS E FERRAMENTAS|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with R-PE under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free PE were removed.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
For flow cytometry of cell suspensions from peripheral lymphoid tissues, it is recommended that the cells be pre-incubated with Mouse BD Fc Block™ Purified anti-Mouse CD16/CD32 mAb, Clone 2.4G2 (Cat. No. 553141/553142).