PE-Cy™7 Mouse Anti-Human CD20
Clone 2H7 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name MS4A1; B1; Bp35; LEU-16; S7
- Vol. Per Test 5 µl
- Isotype Mouse C57BL/6 IgG2b, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing) Rhesus, Cynomolgus, Baboon (Tested in Development)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Human 6.16c1.3 B cell line
- Workshop No. II B22; III B739, NL382; IV B201
- Entrez Gene ID 931
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The 2H7 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to CD20, encoded by the MS4A1 (Membrane-spanning 4-domains, subfamily A, member 1) gene. CD20 is a 33-37 kDa, unglycosylated four-transmembrane phosphoprotein. CD20 is expressed on pre-B-cells, resting and activated B cells, and follicular dendritic cells, but not plasma cells. Low level CD20 expression is observed on a small subset of normal circulating T lymphocytes. The CD20 molecule is involved in the regulation of B-cell activation.
This clone also cross-reacts with a subset of peripheral blood lymphocytes, but not monocytes nor granulocytes, of baboon and both rhesus and cynomolgus macaque monkeys. The distribution on lymphocytes is similar to that seen with normal human donor lymphocytes, namely bright staining on B lymphocytes and weak reactivity on a small subset of CD3-positive T lymphocytes.
- Format PE-Cy™7
- Excitation Source Blue 488 nm,Green 532 nm,Yellow/Green 561 nm
- Excitation Max 496 nm
- Emission Max 785 nm
PE-Cy™7 is a tandem fluorochrome that combines PE and a cyanine dye. PE-Cy7 conjugated reagents are as bright as PE conjugates. PE-Cy7 is particularly sensitive to photo-induced degradation, resulting in loss of fluorescence and changes in fluorescence spillover. Extreme caution must be taken to avoid light exposure and prolonged exposure to paraformaldehyde fixative. Fixed cells should be analyzed within 4 hours of fixation in paraformaldehyde or transferred to a paraformaldehyde-free buffer for overnight storage.
Suggested Companion Products
|RECURSOS E FERRAMENTAS|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with PE-Cy7 under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free PE-Cy7 were removed.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- Warning: Some APC-Cy7 and PE-Cy7 conjugates show changes in their emission spectrum with prolonged exposure to formaldehyde. If you are unable to analyze fixed samples within four hours, we recommend that you use BD™ Stabilizing Fixative (Cat. No. 338036).
- Please observe the following precautions: Absorption of visible light can significantly alter the energy transfer occurring in any tandem fluorochrome conjugate; therefore, we recommend that special precautions be taken (such as wrapping vials, tubes, or racks in aluminum foil) to prevent exposure of conjugated reagents, including cells stained with those reagents, to room illumination.
- PE-Cy7 is a tandem fluorochrome composed of R-phycoerythrin (PE), which is excited by 488-nm light and serves as an energy donor, coupled to the cyanine dye Cy7, which acts as an energy acceptor and fluoresces maximally at 780 nm. PE-Cy7 tandem fluorochrome emission is collected in a detector for fluorescence wavelengths of 750 nm and higher. Although every effort is made to minimize the lot-to-lot variation in the efficiency of the fluorochrome energy transfer, differences in the residual emission from PE may be observed. Therefore, we recommend that individual compensation controls be performed for every PE-Cy7 conjugate. PE-Cy7 is optimized for use with a single argon ion laser emitting 488-nm light, and there is no significant overlap between PE-Cy7 and FITC emission spectra. When using dual-laser cytometers, which may directly excite both PE and Cy7, we recommend the use of cross-beam compensation during data acquisition or software compensation during data analysis.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Cy is a trademark of GE Healthcare.
- Species testing during development may have been performed with a different format of the same clone. Selected applications have been tested for cross-reactivity.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.