Oligo Rat Anti-Mouse CD31
Clone MEC 13.3 (RUO)
- Brand BD™ AbSeq
- Alternative Name EndoCAM; GPIIA; PECA1; PECAM1; Platelet endothelial cell adhesion molecule
- Entrez Gene ID 18613
- Vol. Per Test 2 µl
- Isotype Rat LEW, also known as Lewis IgG2a, κ
- Reactivity Mouse (Tested in Development)
Single Cell 3' Sequencing (Qualified)
- Barcode Sequence TAAGAAAGCGGTTGAAGGGACGAGTATAGAAGGGCC
- Sequence ID AMM2011
- Immunogen 129/Sv mouse-derived endothelioma cell line tEnd.1
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The MEC13.3 antibody specifically recognizes CD31, also known as PECAM-1 (Platelet Endothelial Cell Adhesion Molecule-1). CD31 is a 130 kDa integral membrane protein, a member of the immunoglobulin superfamily, that mediates cell-to-cell adhesion. CD31 is expressed constitutively on the surface of adult and embryonic endothelial cells and is also expressed on many peripheral leukocytes and platelets. It has also been detected on bone marrow-derived hematopoietic stem cells and embryonic stem cells. CD31 is involved in the transendothelial emigration of neutrophils, and neutrophil PECAM-1 appears to be down-regulated after extravasation into inflamed tissues. Multiple alternatively spliced isoforms are detected during early post-implantation embryonic development; this alternative splicing is involved in the regulation of ligand specificity. CD38 and vitronectin receptor (αvβ3 integrin, CD51/CD61) are proposed to be ligands for CD31. CD31-mediated endothelial cell-cell interactions are involved in angiogenesis. The MEC13.3 mAb inhibits a variety of in vitro and in vivo functions mediated by CD31.
The antibody was conjugated to an oligonucleotide that contains an antibody clone-specific barcode (ABC) flanked by a poly-A tail on the 3' end and a PCR handle (PCR primer binding site) on the 5' end. The ABC for this antibody was designed to be used with other BD AbSeq oligonucleotides conjugated to other antibodies. All AbSeq ABC sequences were selected in silico to be unique from human and mouse genomes, have low predicted secondary structure, and have high Hamming distance within the BD AbSeq portfolio, to allow for sequencing error correction and unique mapping. The poly-A tail of the oligonucleotide allows the ABC to be captured by the BD Rhapsody™ system. The 5' PCR handle allows for efficient sequencing library generation for Illumina sequencing platforms.
NOTE: The BD Rhapsody Single-Cell Analysis System must be used with the BD Rhapsody Express Instrument.
- Format Antibody-Oligo
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography and conjugated to BD AbSeq oligonucleotide under optimal conditions.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended volume per test. Typical use is 2 µl for 1 × 10^6 cells in a 200-µl staining reaction.
- The production process underwent stringent testing and validation to assure that it generates a high-quality conjugate with consistent performance and specific binding activity. However, verification testing has not been performed on all conjugate lots.
- Please refer to bd.com/genomics-resources for technical protocols.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- This product is covered by one or more of the following patents: US 8,835,358; US 9,290,808; US 9,290,809; US 9,315,857; US 9,567,645; US 9,567,646; US 9,598,736; US 9,708,659; and US 9,816,137. This product, and only in the amount purchased by buyer, may be used solely for buyer’s own internal research, in a manner consistent with the accompanying product literature. No other right to use, sell or otherwise transfer (a) this product, or (b) its components is hereby granted expressly, by implication or by estoppel. Diagnostic uses require a separate license.
- Illumina is a trademark of Illumina, Inc.
- Please refer to http://regdocs.bd.com to access safety data sheets (SDS).
Put all BD AbSeq Reagents to be pooled into a Latch Rack for 500 µL Tubes (Thermo Fisher Scientific Cat. No. 4900). Arrange the tubes so that they can be easily uncapped and re-capped with an 8-Channel Screw Cap Tube Capper (Thermo Fisher Scientific Cat. No. 4105MAT) and the reagents aliquoted with a multi-channel pipette.
BD AbSeq tubes should be centrifuged for ≥ 30 seconds at 400 × g to ensure removal of any content in the cap/tube threads prior to the first opening.