BV750 Mouse Anti-Rat CD2
Clone OX-34 (RUO)
BD OptiBuild custom reagents make BD Horizon Brilliant™ dyes readily available across a wide selection of cell surface antibodies. Learn more about what makes BD OptiBuild reagents unique Learn more at bdbiosciences.com/go/optibuild
- Alternative Name LFA-2; OX34; Cd2
- Concentration 0.2 mg/ml
- Isotype Mouse IgG2a, κ
- Reactivity Mouse (Tested in Development)
Flow cytometry (Qualified)
- Immunogen Rat T blasts from mixed lymphocyte reactions
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The OX-34 antibody reacts with CD2 (LFA-2), a member of the immunoglobulin superfamily. In the rat, CD2 is expressed on thymocytes, T lymphocytes in spleen and lymph node, dendritic epidermal T cells, splenic macrophages, and NK cells, but not on B cells, most intestinal intraepithelial lymphocytes, or peritoneal and liver macrophages. CD2 can associate with the T-cell receptor complex, and it may function in both intercellular adhesion and signal transduction. In the rat, CD48 and CD59 have been identified as ligands for CD2. OX-34 mAb binds to the extracellular portion of CD2, and it blocks the binding of CD2 to CD48. While OX-34 antibody does not activate T cells, it partially blocks activation by immobilized mAbs to CD3 (clone G4.18) and αβ T-cell receptor (clone R73), and it partially inhibits allogeneic mixed lymphocyte reactions. Moreover, in vivo administration of OX-34 antibody depletes peripheral T cells and prevents allograft rejection.
The antibody was conjugated to BD Horizon™ BV750 which is part of the BD Horizon Brilliant™ Violet family of dyes. This dye is a tandem fluorochrome of BD Horizon BV421 with an Ex Max of 405-nm and an acceptor dye with an Em Max at 750-nm. BD Horizon Brilliant BV750 can be excited by the violet laser (405 nm) and detected with a 750/30 nm filter with a 740 nm long pass. Due to spectral differences between labeled cells and beads, using BD™ CompBeads can result in incorrect spillover values when used with BD Horizon BV750 reagents. Therefore, the use of BD CompBeads or BD CompBeads Plus to determine spillover values for these reagents is not recommended.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with BD Horizon BV750 under optimal conditions that minimize unconjugated dye and antibody.
- This antibody was developed for use in flow cytometry.
- The production process underwent stringent testing and validation to assure that it generates a high-quality conjugate with consistent performance and specific binding activity. However, verification testing has not been performed on all conjugate lots.
- Researchers should determine the optimal concentration of this reagent for their individual applications.
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/us/s/resources for technical protocols.
- BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer is covered by one or more of the following US patents: 8,110,673; 8,158,444; 8,575,303; 8,354,239.
- BD Horizon Brilliant™ Violet 750 is covered by one or more of the following US patents: 8,158,444; 8,802,450; 8,575,303; 8,455,613; 8,227,187; 8,841,072; 8,110,673.
For optimal and reproducible results, BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer should be used anytime two or more BD Horizon Brilliant dyes (including BD OptiBuild Brilliant reagents) are used in the same experiment. Fluorescent dye interactions may cause staining artifacts which may affect data interpretation. The BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer was designed to minimize these interactions. More information can be found in the Technical Data Sheet of the BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer (Cat. No. 563794).