APC Rat Anti-Mouse F4/80
Clone T45-2342 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name Gpf480; F480; Emr1; Ly71; DD7A5-7; EGF-TM7; TM7LN3
- Concentration 0.2 mg/ml
- Isotype Rat WI, also known as Wistar (outbred) IgG2a, κ
- Reactivity Mouse (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Mouse F4/80 Recombinant Protein
- Entrez Gene ID 13733
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The T45-2342 monoclonal antibody recognizes the mouse F4/80 antigen which is also known as EGF-like module-containing mucin-like hormone receptor-like 1 (EMR1). F4/80 is a 160 kDa glycoprotein that belongs to the EGF-TM7 family of seven-transmembrane spanning cell surface molecules. It is expressed on the surface of granulocytes and a wide range of mature tissue macrophages including, Kupffer cells, splenic red pulp macrophages, microglia, gut lamina propria macrophages, and Langerhans cells. F4/80 expression has also been reported on subpopulations of dendritic cells. F4/80 expression is heterogeneous and may be increased during inflammatory responses as observed in various mouse models of colitis, diabetes and brain injury.
Allophycocyanin (APC), is an accessory photosynthetic pigment found in blue-green algae. Its molecular weight is approximately 105 kDa. APC has six phycocyanobilin chromophores per molecule, which makes it a very bright fluorochrome that is highly suitable for flow cytometry applications. Due to nearly identical excitation and emission properties but different spillover characteristics, APC and Alexa Fluor® 647 cannot be used simultaneously
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated to APC under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free APC were removed.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- This APC-conjugated reagent can be used in any flow cytometer equipped with a dye, HeNe, or red diode laser.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Please refer to http://regdocs.bd.com to access safety data sheets (SDS).
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/us/s/resources for technical protocols.