Purified Mouse Anti-Rat CD11b/c
Clone OX-42 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name Itgam/Integrin, alpha M, C3bi receptor, CR3; Itgad/Integrin, alpha D
- Concentration 0.5 mg/ml
- Isotype Mouse BALB/c IgG2a, κ
- Reactivity Rat (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
Immunohistochemistry-frozen, Immunofluorescence, Immunoprecipitation, Blocking (Reported)
- Immunogen Resident peritoneal cells from (PVG.RT1[c] x PVG.RT1[u]) and (PVG.RT1[c] x PVG.RT1[a]) F1-hybrid rat
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The OX-42 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to the CR3 complement (C3bi) receptor found on most monocytes, granulocytes, macrophages, dendritic cells, and microglia. It appears to recognize a common epitope shared by CD11b and CD11c (integrin αM and αX chains). OX-42 antibody inhibits C3bi binding activity.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- Sodium azide is a reversible inhibitor of oxidative metabolism; therefore, antibody preparations containing this preservative agent must not be used in cell cultures nor injected into animals. Sodium azide may be removed by washing stained cells or plate-bound antibody or dialyzing soluble antibody in sodium azide-free buffer. Since endotoxin may also affect the results of functional studies, we recommend the NA/LE (No Azide/Low Endotoxin) antibody format, if available, for in vitro and in vivo use.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
For IHC, we recommend the use of Purified Mouse Anti-Rat CD11b/c (Cat. No. 550299) in our special formulation for immunohistochemistry.