PerCP-Cy™5.5 Hamster Anti-Mouse CD27
Clone LG.3A10 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name Tnfrsf7; Tumor necrosis factor receptor superfamily member 7; Tp55; S152
- Concentration 0.2 mg/ml
- Isotype Armenian Hamster IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Mouse (QC Testing) Rat (Tested in Development)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Armenian hamster fibroblast line ARHO12 transfected with mouse Cd27 cDNA
- Entrez Gene ID 21940
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The LG.3A10 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to CD27, a lymphocyte-restricted member of the Tumor Necrosis Factor Receptor family which binds to CD70. The CD27 molecule is a 45-kDa transmembrane glycoprotein which is constitutively expressed by lymphocytes of the T lineage: virtually all thymocytes and over 90% of peripheral T cells bearing both αβ and γδ T-cell receptors. CD27 cooperates with the pre-TCR in mediating thymocyte differentiation and expansion. In addition, one to ten percent of mature peripheral B cells express CD27, and CD27's role in the differentiation of human plasma cells has been studied. Mouse NK cells, freshly isolated and IL-2-activated, also express CD27. In the bone marrow, CD27 is found on a progenitor population which provides short-term hematopoietic reconstitution. Cells of the myeloid lineage do not express CD27. Cross-linked LG.3A10 mAb has been reported to amplify the proliferative response of purified T lymphocytes to suboptimal mitogenic stimulation1 and to enhance NK-cell proliferation and IFN-γ production. In contrast, non-cross-linked LG.3A10 mAb inhibits CD3-induced pre-T cell development by interfering with the receptor-ligand interaction. This hamster mAb to a mouse leukocyte antigen has been observed to cross-react with a similar population of rat leukocytes.
PerCP-Cy™5.5 is a tandem conjugate that combines PerCP with a cyanine dye. PerCP-Cy5.5 is not subject to photobeaching like PerCP and can be used with stream-in-air flow cytometers. It has less Fc receptor–mediated nonspecific staining than PE-Cy5. Additionally, the PerCP-Cy5.5 tandem conjugate is not as susceptible to fixative or light instability compared to APC-Cy7 and PE-Cy7.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with PerCP-Cy5.5 under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free PerCP-Cy5.5 were removed. Storage of PerCP-Cy5.5 conjugates in unoptimized diluent is not recommended and may result in loss of signal intensity.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
- Cy is a trademark of Amersham Biosciences Limited. This conjugated product is sold under license to the following patents: US Patent Nos. 5,486,616; 5,569,587; 5,569,766; 5,627,027.
- Please observe the following precautions: Absorption of visible light can significantly alter the energy transfer occurring in any tandem fluorochrome conjugate; therefore, we recommend that special precautions be taken (such as wrapping vials, tubes, or racks in aluminum foil) to prevent exposure of conjugated reagents, including cells stained with those reagents, to room illumination.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- PerCP-Cy5.5–labelled antibodies can be used with FITC- and R-PE–labelled reagents in single-laser flow cytometers with no significant spectral overlap of PerCP-Cy5.5, FITC, and R-PE fluorescence.
- PerCP-Cy5.5 is optimized for use with a single argon ion laser emitting 488-nm light. Because of the broad absorption spectrum of the tandem fluorochrome, extra care must be taken when using dual-laser cytometers, which may directly excite both PerCP and Cy5.5™. We recommend the use of cross-beam compensation during data acquisition or software compensation during data analysis.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- This product is subject to proprietary rights of Amersham Biosciences Corp. and Carnegie Mellon University and made and sold under license from Amersham Biosciences Corp. This product is licensed for sale only for research. It is not licensed for any other use. If you require a commercial license to use this product and do not have one return this material, unopened to BD Biosciences, 10975 Torreyana Rd, San Diego, CA 92121 and any money paid for the material will be refunded.
- Species testing during development may have been performed with a different format of the same clone. Selected applications have been tested for cross-reactivity.
- Although hamster immunoglobulin isotypes have not been well defined, BD Biosciences Pharmingen has grouped Armenian and Syrian hamster IgG monoclonal antibodies according to their reactivity with a panel of mouse anti-hamster IgG mAbs. A table of the hamster IgG groups, Reactivity of Mouse Anti-Hamster Ig mAbs, may be viewed at http://www.bdbiosciences.com/documents/hamster_chart_11x17.pdf.