Oligo Mouse Anti-Human CD81 (TAPA-1)
Clone JS-81 (RUO)
- Brand BD™ AbSeq
- Alternative Name TAPA1; Tetraspanin-28; Tspan-28; TSPAN28; CVID6; S5.7; M38
- Entrez Gene ID 975
- Vol. Per Test 2 µl
- Isotype Mouse IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Human (Tested in Development)
Single Cell 3' Sequencing (Qualified)
- Barcode Sequence TTAGATTGACGGTCGAAGAGTTACGCCTGATTGTGT
- Sequence ID AHS0021
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The JS-81 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to CD81, which is also known as, Target of the antiproliferative antibody 1 (TAPA1, TAPA-1), or Tetraspanin-28 (Tspan-28/TSPAN28). CD81 is an ~26 kDa transmembrane protein that belongs to the tetraspanin (TM4SF) family. It is involved in cell growth and signal transduction. CD81 has a very broad cellular distribution, being expressed on cells of hematopoietic, neuroectodermal and mesenchymal origin. In hematopoietic cells, the CD81 antigen is expressed on B and T lymphocytes, NK cells, thymocytes, eosinophils, germinal center follicular dendritic cells, and to a variable extent on monocytes. The CD81 antigen is not expressed on neutrophils, platelets, or erythrocytes. CD81-specific antibodies have been shown to have anti-proliferative effects on different lymphoid cell lines, particularly those derived from large cell lymphomas. They are also reported to induce homotypic cell aggregation. Immunoprecipitation studies reveal that CD81 is a component of a multimolecular complex of CD19, CD21, and CD225 that is involved in the activation and control of B cell growth.
The antibody was conjugated to an oligonucleotide that contains an antibody clone-specific barcode (ABC) flanked by a poly-A tail on the 3' end and a PCR handle (PCR primer binding site) on the 5' end. The ABC for this antibody was designed to be used with other BD AbSeq oligonucleotides conjugated to other antibodies. All AbSeq ABC sequences were selected in silico to be unique from human and mouse genomes, have low predicted secondary structure, and have high Hamming distance within the BD AbSeq portfolio, to allow for sequencing error correction and unique mapping. The poly-A tail of the oligonucleotide allows the ABC to be captured by the BD Rhapsody™ system or other oligo-dT-based capture systems. The 5' PCR handle allows for efficient sequencing library generation for Illumina sequencing platforms.
- Format Antibody-Oligo
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography and conjugated to BD AbSeq oligonucleotide under optimal conditions.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended volume per test. Typical use is 2 µl for 1 × 10^6 cells in a 200-µl staining reaction.
- The production process underwent stringent testing and validation to assure that it generates a high-quality conjugate with consistent performance and specific binding activity. However, verification testing has not been performed on all conjugate lots.
- Please refer to bd.com/genomics-resources for technical protocols.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- This product is covered by one or more of the following patents: US 8,835,358; US 9,290,808; US 9,290,809; US 9,315,857; US 9,567,645; US 9,567,646; US 9,598,736; US 9,708,659; and US 9,816,137. This product, and only in the amount purchased by buyer, may be used solely for buyer’s own internal research, in a manner consistent with the accompanying product literature. No other right to use, sell or otherwise transfer (a) this product, or (b) its components is hereby granted expressly, by implication or by estoppel. Diagnostic uses require a separate license.
- Illumina is a trademark of Illumina, Inc.
Put all BD AbSeq Reagents to be pooled into a Latch Rack for 500 µL Tubes (Thermo Fisher Scientific Cat. No. 4900). Arrange the tubes so that they can be easily uncapped and re-capped with an 8-Channel Screw Cap Tube Capper (Thermo Fisher Scientific Cat. No. 4105MAT) and the reagents aliquoted with a multi-channel pipette.
BD AbSeq tubes should be centrifuged for ≥ 30 seconds at 400 × g to ensure removal of any content in the cap/tube threads prior to the first opening.