APC Mouse Anti-Human CD14
Clone M5E2 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name LPS receptor; LPS-R; Myeloid cell-specific leucine-rich glycoprotein
- Vol. Per Test 5 µl
- Isotype Mouse IgG2a, κ
- Reactivity Rhesus, Cynomolgus, Baboon (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Human CD14 Protein
- Workshop No. II M34; III M329
- Entrez Gene ID 929
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The M5E2 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to CD14, a 53-55 kDa glycosylphosphatidylinositol (GPI)-anchored single chain glycoprotein expressed at high levels on monocytes. Additionally, the anti-CD14 antibody reacts with interfollicular macrophages, reticular dendritic cells, and some Langerhans cells. CD14 has been identified as a high affinity cell-surface receptor for complexes of lipopolysaccharide (LPS) and serum LPS-binding protein, LPB.
Allophycocyanin (APC), is an accessory photosynthetic pigment found in blue-green algae. Its molecular weight is approximately 105 kDa. APC has six phycocyanobilin chromophores per molecule, which makes it a very bright fluorochrome that is highly suitable for flow cytometry applications. Due to nearly identical excitation and emission properties but different spillover characteristics, APC and Alexa Fluor® 647 cannot be used simultaneously
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated to APC under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free APC were removed.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- This APC-conjugated reagent can be used in any flow cytometer equipped with a dye, HeNe, or red diode laser.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.