V450 Rat Anti-Mouse Ly-6C
Clone AL-21 (RUO)
- Brand BD Horizon™
- Concentration 0.2 mg/ml
- Isotype Rat IgM, κ
- Reactivity Mouse (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Not reported
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing protein stabilizer, glycerol and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The AL-21 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to a non-polymorphic determinant of Ly-6C, a 14-17 kDa GPI-linked cell-surface antigen found on some monocyte/macrophage populations, granulocytes, endothelial cells, plasma cells, and thymocyte, NK-cell, and T-subsets. Mice with the Ly-6.2 alloantigen (eg, AKR, C57BL, C57BR, C57L, C58, DBA/2, PL, SJL, SWR, 129) have subsets of CD8+ and CD4+ Ly-6C+ T cells, while Ly-6.1 strains (eg, A, BALB/c, CBA, C3H/He, DBA/1, NZB) have only CD8+ Ly-6C+ T cells. Upregulation of Ly-6C expression on CD8+ T cells by interferons α and β and poly (I:C) has been described, and Ly-6C is a memory marker on CD8+ T cells.
The antibody is conjugated to BD Horizon™ V450, which has been developed for use in multicolor flow cytometry experiments and is available exclusively from BD Biosciences. It is excited by the Violet laser Ex max of 406 nm and has an Em Max at 450 nm. Conjugates with BD Horizon™ V450 can be used in place of Pacific Blue™ conjugates.
BD Horizon™ V450 is a coumarin dye excited by the violet laser that exhibits spectral properties similar to Pacific Blue™. Conjugates are typically as bright or brighter than comparable reagents conjugated to Pacific Blue™. Due to nearly identical excitation and emission properties but different spillover characteristics, BD Horizon BV421, Pacific Blue™, and BD Horizon V450 cannot be used simultaneously.
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with BD Horizon™ V450 under optimum conditions, and unreacted BD Horizon™ V450 was removed.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- BD Horizon V450 has a maximum absorption of 406 nm and maximum emission of 450 nm. Before staining with this reagent, please confirm that your flow cytometer is capable of exciting the fluorochrome and discriminating the resulting fluorescence.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- Pacific Blue™ is a trademark of Molecular Probes, Inc., Eugene, OR.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/us/s/resources for technical protocols.