Purified NA/LE Hamster Anti-Mouse CD61
Clone 2C9.G2 (also known as HMβ3-1) (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name Itgb3; Integrin beta-3; INGRB3; Platelet glycoprotein IIIa; GP3A; GPIIIa
- Concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- Isotype Armenian Hamster IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Mouse (QC Testing) Rat (Tested in Development)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
Immunohistochemistry-frozen (Tested During Development)
Immunohistochemistry-formalin (antigen retrieval required) (Not Recommended)
- Immunogen Mouse T-cell Hybridoma 2B4 Vitronectin Receptor
- Entrez Gene ID 16416
- Storage Buffer No azide/low endotoxin: Aqueous buffered solution containing no preservative, 0.2µm sterile filtered. Endotoxin level is ≤0.01 EU/µg (≤0.001 ng/µg) of protein as determined by the LAL assay.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The 2C9.G2 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to the integrin β3 chain (CD61), which associates with the integrin αv chain (CD51) to form the vitronectin receptor, as well as the αIIb chain (CD41) to form the gpIIb/IIIa complex. Both receptors mediate adhesion to fibronectin, fibrinogen, vitronectin, thrombospondin, and von Willebrand factor. Leukocyte-endothelial adhesion is also mediated by the binding of αvβ3 integrin or vitronectin receptor to CD31 (PECAM-1). In addition, interaction of the αvβ3 integrin with its ligands regulates the L-type Ca2+ channel in vascular smooth muscle cells, possibly mediating vasodilatory responses to injury. Soluble and insoluble 2C9.G2 mAb mimics the effect of the natural ligands in smooth muscle cells from rat cremaster arterioles. Furthermore, osteopontin, also named Eta-1, is a cytokine that binds to αvβ3. CD61 is expressed on platelets, activated T lymphocytes, polymorphonuclear granulocytes, and blastocysts. Cross-reactivity of mAb 2C9.G2 to rat mast cells and platelets has been observed by flow cytometric analysis. mAb 2C9.G2 has been demonstrated to block binding of rat and mouse cells to fibronectin.
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
This preparation contains no preservatives, thus it should be handled under aseptic conditions.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- Although hamster immunoglobulin isotypes have not been well defined, BD Biosciences Pharmingen has grouped Armenian and Syrian hamster IgG monoclonal antibodies according to their reactivity with a panel of mouse anti-hamster IgG mAbs. A table of the hamster IgG groups, Reactivity of Mouse Anti-Hamster Ig mAbs, may be viewed at http://www.bdbiosciences.com/documents/hamster_chart_11x17.pdf.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.