PerCP Rat IgG2a, κ Isotype Control
Clone R35-95 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Concentration 0.2 mg/ml
- Isotype Rat LOU, also known as Louvain, LOU/C, LOU/M IgG2a, κ
Isotype control, Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Mouse Pooled Immunoglobulin
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The R35-95 hybridoma was generated by hybridization of Y3 myeloma cells with spleen cells from LOU rats immunized with mouse immunoglobulins. The R35-95 hybridoma produces rat IgG2a, κ immunoglobulin that has no measurable reactivity with mouse immunoglobulins. The R35-95 immunoglobulin was selected as an isotype control following screening for low background binding on a variety of mouse and human tissues.
PerCP is a component of the photosynthetic apparatus found in the dinoflagellate Glenodinium. PerCP is a protein complex with a molecular weight of approximately 35 kDa. Due to its photobleaching characteristics, PerCP conjugates are not recommended for use on flow cytometers with high-power lasers (>25 mW).
Preparation and Storage
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with PerCP under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free PerCP were removed. Storage of PerCP conjugates in unoptimized diluent is not recommended and may result in loss of signal intensity.
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
- PerCP is a photosynthetic accessory pigment from Glenodinium species of dinoflagellates, which is excited by the 488-nm light of an Argon ion laser and fluoresces at 675 nm. Therefore, PerCP-labelled antibodies can be used with FITC- and R-PE–labelled reagents in most single-laser flow cytometers with no significant spectral overlap of PerCP fluorescence with that of FITC or R-PE. PerCP has been reported to undergo significant photobleaching, the magnitude of which increases as laser power is increased or beam focus is narrowed. For third-color flow¬cytometric analysis using ≥25-mW laser power, we recommend PE-Cy5-, PE-Cy7–, or PerCP-Cy5.5-conjugated reagents.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.