PE-Cy™5 Rat IgG2b, κ Isotype Control
Clone A95-1 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Concentration 0.2 mg/ml
- Isotype Rat LOU, also known as Louvain, LOU/C, LOU/M IgG2b, κ
- Reactivity Mouse (QC Testing)
Isotype control, Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen TNP-Keyhole Limpet Hemocyanin
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The A95-1 antibody has unknown specificity. Trinitrophenal (TNP), the immunogen, is a hapten that is not expressed on human, mouse, rat, or non-human primate cells. The A95-1 immunoglobulin was selected as an isotype control following screening for low background on a variety of mouse and human tissues.
- Format PE-Cy™5
- Excitation Source Blue 488 nm,Green 532 nm,Yellow/Green 561 nm
- Excitation Max 496 nm
- Emission Max 667 nm
PE-Cy™5 is a tandem conjugate that combines phycoerythrin and a cyanine dye. Because of its broad absorption range and the fact that its emission spectra are equivalent to APC, PE-Cy5 is not recommended for simultaneous use with APC. The Cy5 molecule has been shown to exhibit nonspecific binding to Fc receptors, which is most apparent on monocyte populations. PE-Cy5 is not recommended for fluorescence microscopy because it is subject to photobleaching.
Preparation and Storage
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with PE-Cy5 (formerly known as BD Cy-Chrome™) under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free PE-Cy5 were removed.
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
- Cy is a trademark of Amersham Biosciences Limited. This conjugated product is sold under license to the following patents: US Patent Nos. 5,486,616; 5,569,587; 5,569,766; 5,627,027.
- This product is subject to proprietary rights of Amersham Biosciences Corp. and Carnegie Mellon University and made and sold under license from Amersham Biosciences Corp. This product is licensed for sale only for research. It is not licensed for any other use. If you require a commercial license to use this product and do not have one return this material, unopened to BD Biosciences, 10975 Torreyana Rd, San Diego, CA 92121 and any money paid for the material will be refunded.
- Please observe the following precautions: Absorption of visible light can significantly alter the energy transfer occurring in any tandem fluorochrome conjugate; therefore, we recommend that special precautions be taken (such as wrapping vials, tubes, or racks in aluminum foil) to prevent exposure of conjugated reagents, including cells stained with those reagents, to room illumination.
- PE-Cy5 is optimized for use with a single argon ion laser emitting 488-nm light. Because of the broad absorption spectrum of the PE-Cy5 tandem fluorochrome, extra care must be taken when using dual-laser cytometers which may directly excite both PE and Cy5™.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
PE-Cy5™ tandem fluorochromes have been reported to bind some classes of human macrophages and granulocytes via Fc receptors, and PE has been reported to bind to mouse B lymphocytes via Fc receptors. Preincubation of mouse leukocytes with Mouse Fc Block™ (Cat. No. 553141/553142) can reduce the non-specific binding of Cy-Chrome™-conjugated reagents to mouse B cells.
Furthermore, we have observed a distinct type of interaction between PE-Cy5™ tandem fluorochromes and the splenocytes of SJL, NOD, and MRL mice: B lymphocytes and some other leukocyte subsets are brightly stained, and Mouse Fc Block™ has no significant effect. Therefore, Cy-Chrome™-conjugated reagents should not be used to stain leukocytes of SJL, NOD, or MRL mice. Reagents conjugated to PE, PerCP (an alternate "third color" fluorochrome for the Argon ion laser), Allophycocyanin (APC), and PharRed™ (APC-Cy7 tandem fluorochrome) can be used on leukocytes from these mouse strains.
PE-Cy5 is a tandem fluorochrome composed of R-phycoerythrin (PE), which is excited by the 488 nm light of an Argon ion laser and serves as an energy donor, coupled to the cyanine dye Cy5™, which acts as an energy acceptor and fluoresces at 670 nm. BD Biosciences Pharmingen has maximized the fluorochrome energy transfer in PE-Cy5, thus maximizing its fluorescence emission intensity, minimizing residual emission from PE, and minimizing lot-to-lot variation.