FITC Rat Anti-Mouse Ly-6C
Clone AL-21 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name Ly6c; Lymphocyte antigen 6 complex, locus C; Lymphocyte antigen Ly-6C
- Concentration 0.5 mg/ml
- Isotype Rat IgM, κ
- Reactivity Mouse (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Not reported
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing protein stabilizer and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The AL-21 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to a non-polymorphic determinant of Ly-6C, a 14-17 kDa GPI-linked cell-surface antigen found on some monocyte/macrophage populations, granulocytes, endothelial cells, plasma cells, and thymocyte, NK-cell, and T-subsets. Mice with the Ly-6.2 alloantigen (eg, AKR, C57BL, C57BR, C57L, C58, DBA/2, PL, SJL, SWR, 129) have subsets of CD8+ and CD4+ Ly-6C+ T cells, while Ly-6.1 strains (eg, A, BALB/c, CBA, C3H/He, DBA/1, NZB) have only CD8+ Ly-6C+ T cells. Upregulation of Ly-6C expression on CD8+ T cells by interferons α and β and poly (I:C) has been described, and Ly-6C is a memory marker on CD8+ T cells.
FITC, fluorescein isothiocyanate, is a fluorochrome with a molecular weight of 389 Da. FITC is sensitive to pH changes and photobleaching. Due to nearly identical excitation and emission properties but different spillover characteristics, FITC and Alexa Fluor® 488 cannot be used simultaneously. FITC is relatively dim and should be reserved for highly expressed markers whenever possible.
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with FITC under optimum conditions, and unreacted FITC was removed.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.