FITC Mouse Anti-Mouse Vβ 5.1, 5.2 T-Cell Receptor
Clone MR9-4 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name TCR Vβ5.1/5.2; Vβ5 T-cell receptor; T cell receptor beta 5
- Concentration 0.5 mg/ml
- Isotype Mouse SWR IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Mouse (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Mouse T-Cell Hybridoma 2HB51.8
- Entrez Gene ID 21577
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The MR9-4 monoclonal antibody specifically recognizes the Vβ 5.1 and Vβ 5.2 T-cell Receptors of strains having the b haplotype (e.g., C57BL) of the Tcrb gene complex. These gene loci are deleted in mice having the a (e.g., C57BR, C57L, SJL, SWR) or c (e.g., RIII) Tcrb haplotype. Vβ5.1 and 5.2 TCR-bearing T lymphocytes are clonally eliminated, either completely or partially, in mice expressing I-E and superantigens encoded by the Mtv-1 (Mls-4a, Mlsc), Mtv-3 (Mlsc), Mtv-8 (Mlsf), Mtv-9 (Etc-1, Mlsf), Mtv-11 (Mlsf), Mtv-13 (Mls-2a, Mlsc), Mtv-27, Mtv44 , and/or Mtv-MAI endogenous provirus (e.g., A, AKR, BALB/c, C3H/He, C58, CBA/Ca, CBA/J, DBA/2, NZB, NZW). Activation of Vβ5 TCR-expressing T cells by this determinant is dependent upon presentation by I-E. Plate-bound MR9-4 antibody activates Vβ5.1 or 5.2 TCR-bearing T cells.
FITC, fluorescein isothiocyanate, is a fluorochrome with a molecular weight of 389 Da. FITC is sensitive to pH changes and photobleaching. Due to nearly identical excitation and emission properties but different spillover characteristics, FITC and Alexa Fluor® 488 cannot be used simultaneously. FITC is relatively dim and should be reserved for highly expressed markers whenever possible.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with FITC under optimum conditions, and unreacted FITC was removed.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Please refer to http://regdocs.bd.com to access safety data sheets (SDS).
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/us/s/resources for technical protocols.
For flow cytometry of cell suspensions from peripheral lymphoid tissues, it is recommended that multicolor staining be performed to distinguish T lymphocytes from non-T cells.