Alexa Fluor® 700 Rat Anti-Mouse CD335 (NKp46)
Clone 29A1.4 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name Ncr1; NK-p46; NKp46; mNKp46; MAR1; mAR-1; mouse activating receptor 1; Ly94
- Concentration 0.2 mg/ml
- Isotype Rat IgG2a, κ
- Reactivity Mouse (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Mouse NKP46 Recombinant Protein
- Entrez Gene ID 17086
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing protein stabilizer and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The monoclonal antibody 29A1.4 specifically binds to mouse CD335, also known as NKp46. NKp46 is a 46 kDa type I transmembrane glycoprotein that is a member of the natural cytotoxicity receptor (NCR) family and immunoglobulin superfamily. NKp46 is encoded by the Ncr1 gene located on chromosome 7. NKp46 functions as a cytotoxicity triggering receptor and is selectively expressed by immature and mature NK cells in all mouse strains tested. NKp46 is detected on a minute fraction of NK-like T cells (less than 2% of NKp46+ express CD3e) but not on CD1d-restricted NKT cells from C57BL/6 mice. When immobilized on tissue culture plates, the 29A1.4 antibody reportedly stimulates NK cells to produce interferon-gamma and to release their cytoplasmic granule contents. Although the ligands for the NKp46 receptor have not been fully characterized, recent evidence indicates that this receptor plays an important role in the NK cell-mediated recognition and killing of some virus-infected cells and tumor cells. The immunogen used to generate the 29A1.4 clone was mouse NKp46-Fc recombinant protein.
Alexa Fluor® 700 is a far-red dye that can be excited with a 633–640-nm laser. This enables multicolor analysis in conjunction with APC or Alexa Fluor® 647, and APC-H7 or APC-Cy7 reagents.
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated to Alexa Fluor® 700 under optimum conditions, and unreacted Alexa Fluor® 700 was removed.
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Alexa Fluor® 700 has an adsorption maximum of ~700nm and a peak fluorescence emission of ~720nm. Before staining cells with this reagent, please confirm that your flow cytometer is capable of exciting the fluorochrome and discriminating the resulting fluorescence.
- Alexa Fluor® is a registered trademark of Molecular Probes, Inc., Eugene, OR.
- The Alexa Fluor®, Pacific Blue™, and Cascade Blue® dye antibody conjugates in this product are sold under license from Molecular Probes, Inc. for research use only, excluding use in combination with microarrays, or as analyte specific reagents. The Alexa Fluor® dyes (except for Alexa Fluor® 430), Pacific Blue™ dye, and Cascade Blue® dye are covered by pending and issued patents.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.