BV750 Mouse Anti-TWEAK Receptor (CD266)
Clone ITEM-4 (RUO)
BD OptiBuild custom reagents make BD Horizon Brilliant™ dyes readily available across a wide selection of cell surface antibodies. Learn more about what makes BD OptiBuild reagents unique Learn more at bdbiosciences.com/go/optibuild
- Alternative Name TWEAKR; TWEAK-R; TWEAK Receptor; TNFRSF12A; FGF-inducible 14; FN14
- Concentration 0.2 mg/ml
- Isotype Mouse BALB/c IgG2b, κ
- Reactivity Human (Tested in Development)
Flow cytometry (Qualified)
- Immunogen Human Fn14 transfected P815
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The ITEM-4 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to the TWEAK Receptor (TWEAK-R/TWEAKR), which is also known as CD266, or Fibroblast growth factor inducible 14 (FGF-inducible 14, FN14). The TWEAK Receptor is a ~14 kDa type I transmembrane protein that is the 12A family member of the tumor necrosis factor receptor superfamily (TNFRSF12A). It is expressed at low levels in a variety of tissues including, heart, placenta, lung, muscle, and pancreas. TWEAK Receptors are relatively highly expressed on HUVEC cells and certain tumor cell lines. TWEAK-induced TWEAK Receptor-mediated signaling can play roles in inflammation, the induction of apoptosis in certain cell types, the proliferation and migration of endothelial cells, and can promote angiogenesis within healthy and diseased tissues, eg, tumors. The ITEM-4 antibody can induce the death of certain TWEAK-sensitive tumor target cell lines. The TWEAK Receptor binds TWEAK (CD255) and can signal intracellularly by interactions with TRAF1, 2, and 3 cytoplasmic proteins leading to NF-κB activation. The ITEM-4 antibody reportedly crossreacts strongly with mouse CD266 as demonstrated by flow cytometric analysis and functional assays.
The antibody was conjugated to BD Horizon™ BV750 which is part of the BD Horizon Brilliant™ Violet family of dyes. This dye is a tandem fluorochrome of BD Horizon BV421 with an Ex Max of 405-nm and an acceptor dye with an Em Max at 750-nm. BD Horizon Brilliant BV750 can be excited by the violet laser (405 nm) and detected with a 750/30 nm filter with a 740 nm long pass. Due to spectral differences between labeled cells and beads, using BD™ CompBeads can result in incorrect spillover values when used with BD Horizon BV750 reagents. Therefore, the use of BD CompBeads or BD CompBeads Plus to determine spillover values for these reagents is not recommended.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with BD Horizon BV750 under optimal conditions that minimize unconjugated dye and antibody.
- This antibody was developed for use in flow cytometry.
- The production process underwent stringent testing and validation to assure that it generates a high-quality conjugate with consistent performance and specific binding activity. However, verification testing has not been performed on all conjugate lots.
- Researchers should determine the optimal concentration of this reagent for their individual applications.
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/us/s/resources for technical protocols.
- BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer is covered by one or more of the following US patents: 8,110,673; 8,158,444; 8,575,303; 8,354,239.
- BD Horizon Brilliant™ Violet 750 is covered by one or more of the following US patents: 8,158,444; 8,802,450; 8,575,303; 8,455,613; 8,227,187; 8,841,072; 8,110,673.
For optimal and reproducible results, BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer should be used anytime two or more BD Horizon Brilliant dyes (including BD OptiBuild Brilliant reagents) are used in the same experiment. Fluorescent dye interactions may cause staining artifacts which may affect data interpretation. The BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer was designed to minimize these interactions. More information can be found in the Technical Data Sheet of the BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer (Cat. No. 563794).