BV480 Mouse Anti-Human CD56
Clone NCAM16.2 (also known as NCAM 16) (RUO)
- Brand BD Horizon™
- Alternative Name NCAM1; NCAM-1; NCAM; Leu-19; Neural cell adhesion molecule 1; NKH1; MSK39
- Vol. Per Test 5 µl
- Isotype Mouse BALB/c IgG2b, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Immunoaffinity-enriched adult human brain NCAM
- Workshop No. V NK60
- Entrez Gene ID 4684
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The NCAM16.2 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to human CD56. It recognizes an extracellular immunoglobulin-like domain common to 120, 140, and 180 kDa forms of CD56, also known as the neural cell adhesion molecule (NCAM), NKH1 or MSK39. The CD56 antigen is expressed on approximately 10% to 25% of peripheral blood lymphocytes. It is present on essentially all resting and activated CD16+ natural killer (NK) lymphocytes and approximately 5% of CD3+ peripheral blood lymphocytes. CD3+ CD56+ T lymphocytes comprise a unique subset of cytotoxic T lymphocytes that mediates non-major histocompatibility complex (MHC)-restricted cytotoxicity. CD56 antigen density on NK lymphocytes increases upon cellular activation. The CD56 antigen is involved in neuronal homotypic cell adhesion and cell differentiation during embryogenesis. CD16+ CD56+ NK cells demonstrate reciprocal transfer of an activation state with dendritic cells.
The antibody was conjugated to BD Horizon BV480 which is part of the BD Horizon Brilliant™ Violet family of dyes. With an Ex Max of 436-nm and Em Max at 478-nm, BD Horizon BV480 can be excited by the violet laser and detected in the BD Horizon BV510 (525/40-nm) filter set. BV480 has less spillover into the BV605 detector and, in general, is brighter than BV510.
BD Horizon™ BV480 is part of the BD Horizon Brilliant™ Violet family of dyes. With an Ex Max of 436-nm and Em Max at 478-nm, BD Horizon BV480 can be excited by the violet laser and detected in the BD Horizon™ BV510 (525/40-nm) filter set. BV480 has less spillover into the BD Horizon™ BV605 detector and, in general, is brighter than BD Horizon BV510. Due to similar excitation and emission properties, BV480, BV510 and V500 cannot be used simultaneously.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with BD Horizon BV480 under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free BD Horizon BV480 were removed.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- BD Horizon Brilliant Violet 480 is covered by one or more of the following US patents: 8,575,303; 8,354,239.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
For optimal and reproducible results, BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer should be used anytime two or more BD Horizon Brilliant dyes are used in the same experiment. Fluorescent dye interactions may cause staining artifacts which may affect data interpretation. The BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer was designed to minimize these interactions. More information can be found in the Technical Data Sheet of the BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer (Cat. No. 563794).