BV421 Mouse Anti-Human CD161
Clone DX12 (RUO)
- Brand BD Horizon™
- Alternative Name KLRB1; CLEC5B; NKR; NKR-P1A: HNKR-P1a
- Vol. Per Test 5 µl
- Isotype Mouse C3H, also known as C3H/He, C3H/Bi IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Human NKR-P1A Transfected Mouse Fibroblasts
- Workshop No. VI NK12
- Entrez Gene ID 3820
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The DX12 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to human CD161 which is also known as Natural killer cell surface protein P1A (NKR-P1A). CD161 is encoded by the KLRB1 (Killer cell lectin-like receptor subfamily B member 1) gene. CD161 is a member of the C-type lectin superfamily and is also referred to as C-type lectin domain family 5 member B (CLEC5B). CD161 is a 80 kDa disulfide-linked homodimer, type II membrane glycoprotein. CD161 is expressed mostly on NK cell populations and on subsets of CD4+ and CD8+ αβ T cells, NKT cells and γδ T cells. Reports indicate that CD161 is expressed preferentially on CD45RO+ T cells, however, it can be found on a subset of thymocytes and fetal liver T cells. Its function has not been fully elucidated, but reports indicate that NKR-P1A may serve as a specific receptor for some NK cell targets. The DX12 antibody can reportedly inhibit spontaneous cytotoxicity mediated by certain NK cell clones.
The antibody was conjugated to BD Horizon™ BV421 which is part of the BD Horizon™ Brilliant Violet™ family of dyes. With an Ex Max of 407-nm and Em Max at 421-nm, BD Horizon™ BV421 can be excited by the violet laser and detected in the standard Pacific Blue™ filter set (eg, 450/50-nm filter). BD Horizon™ BV421 conjugates are very bright, often exhibiting a 10 fold improvement in brightness compared to Pacific Blue™ conjugates.
BV421 is a polymer-based dye excited by the violet laser and is one of the brightest fluorochromes offered by BD Biosciences. Conjugates are typically 10 times brighter than Pacific Blue™ conjugates and are often as bright as or brighter than PE conjugates. Due to nearly identical excitation and emission properties but different spillover characteristics, BD Horizon BV421, Pacific Blue™, and BD Horizon™ V450 cannot be used simultaneously.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with BD Horizon BV421 under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free BD Horizon BV421 were removed.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Pacific Blue™ is a trademark of Molecular Probes, Inc., Eugene, OR.
- Brilliant Violet™ 421 is a trademark of Sirigen.