BUV395 Mouse Anti-Human CD8b
Clone 2ST8.5H7 (RUO)
BD OptiBuild custom reagents make BD Horizon Brilliant™ dyes readily available across a wide selection of cell surface antibodies. Learn more about what makes BD OptiBuild reagents unique Learn more at bdbiosciences.com/go/optibuild
- Alternative Name CD8B; CD8B1; CD8 beta; CD8β; Leu2; Ly3; LYT3
- Concentration 0.2 mg/ml
- Isotype Mouse BALB/c IgG2a, κ
- Reactivity Human (Tested in Development)
Flow cytometry (Qualified)
- Immunogen CD8+ suppressor T-cell
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The 2ST8.5H7 monoclonal antibody specifically recognizes an epitope formed by the combination of CD8 alpha and beta chains. The majority of peripheral blood CD8+ T lymphocytes expresses a CD8αβ heterodimer (32, 30 kilodaltons (kDa)), while CD8+CD16+ natural killer (NK) cells and CD8+ TCR γδ+ T lymphocytes express CD8αα homodimers. The 2ST8.5H7 antibody can therefore be used to selectively bind to CD8+ T cells while excluding CD8+ NK cells. CD8 binds to class I major histocompatibility (MHC) molecules, resulting in increased adhesion between the CD8+ T lymphocytes and target cells. Binding of CD8 to class I MHC molecules enhances the activation of resting T lymphocytes. CD8 is coupled to a protein tyrosine kinase, p56lck. The CD8:p56lck complex can play a role in T-lymphocyte activation through mediation of the interactions between CD8 and the CD3/TCR complex. The CD8β antigen is present on the human suppressor/cytotoxic T-lymphocyte subset. The CD8 antigen is expressed on 19% to 48% of normal peripheral blood lymphocytes and 60% to 85% of normal thymocytes. The 2ST8.5H7 antibody crossreacts with lymphocytes of some nonhuman primate species.
The antibody was conjugated to BD Horizon™ BUV395 which is part of the BD Horizon Brilliant™ Ultraviolet family of dyes. This dye has been exclusively developed by BD Biosciences to have minimal spillover into other detectors, making it an optimal choice for multicolor flow cytometry. With an Ex Max at 348 nm and an Em Max at 395 nm, BD Horizon BUV395 can be excited with a 355 nm laser and detected with a 379/28 filter.
BUV395 is a UV-excitable dye that has been developed exclusively by BD Biosciences. With an excitation max of 348 nm and emission max of 395 nm, BUV395 can be excited by the 355-nm laser and detected in a 379/28 filter. This dye is optimal for multicolor flow cytometry because it has little to no spillover into other detectors.
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Regulatory Document Website||Print TDS|
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with BD Horizon BUV395 under optimal conditions that minimize unconjugated dye and antibody.
- This antibody was developed for use in flow cytometry.
- The production process underwent stringent testing and validation to assure that it generates a high-quality conjugate with consistent performance and specific binding activity. However, verification testing has not been performed on all conjugate lots.
- Researchers should determine the optimal concentration of this reagent for their individual applications.
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/us/s/resources for technical protocols.
- BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer is covered by one or more of the following US patents: 8,110,673; 8,158,444; 8,575,303; 8,354,239.
- BD Horizon Brilliant Ultraviolet 395 is covered by one or more of the following US patents: 8,158,444; 8,575,303; 8,354,239.
For optimal and reproducible results, BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer should be used anytime two or more BD Horizon Brilliant dyes (including BD OptiBuild Brilliant reagents) are used in the same experiment. Fluorescent dye interactions may cause staining artifacts which may affect data interpretation. The BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer was designed to minimize these interactions. More information can be found in the Technical Data Sheet of the BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer (Cat. No. 563794).