APC-R700 Mouse Anti-Human CD3
Clone UCHT1 (also known as UCHT-1; UCHT 1) (RUO)
- Brand BD Horizon™
- Alternative Name CD3e; CD3E; T3E; TCRE; T-cell surface antigen T3/Leu-4 epsilon
- Vol. Per Test 5 µl
- Isotype Mouse BALB/c IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Human infant thymocytes and peripheral blood lymphocytes from a Sézary Syndrome donor
- Workshop No. I WT3; III 471
- Entrez Gene ID 916
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA, protein stabilizer, glycerol and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The UCHT1 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to the human CD3ε-chain, a 20-kDa subunit of the CD3/T cell antigen receptor complex. CD3ε is expressed on 70-80% of normal human peripheral blood lymphocytes and 60-85% of thymocytes. Studies from the HLDA Workshop show that this antibody is mitogenic for CD3ε-positive cells when used in conjunction with costimulatory agents such as pokeweed mitogen or anti-CD28 antibody. CD3 plays a central role in signal transduction during antigen recognition. The UCHT1 antibody stains both surface and intracellular CD3ε unlike the other CD3 clone, HIT3a, that stains only extracellular CD3ε.
This antibody was conjugated to BD Horizon APC-R700, which has been developed exclusively by BD Biosciences as a better alternative to Alexa Fluor® 700. APC-R700 excites and emits at similar wavelengths to Alexa Fluor® 700 yet exhibits significantly improved brightness. This dye can be excited by the red laser and detected with the same filter set as Alexa Fluor® (eg, 730/45-nm filter).
APC-R700 is a tandem fluorochrome that combines APC with R700, a proprietary organic dye. This dye has been developed exclusively by BD Biosciences as a brighter alternative to Alexa Fluor® 700. Due to similar excitation and emission properties, APC-R700 and Alexa Fluor® 700 cannot be used simultaneously.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with BD Horizon APC-R700 under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free BD Horizon APC-R700 were removed.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
- Alexa Fluor® is a registered trademark of Molecular Probes, Inc., Eugene, OR.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.