Alexa Fluor® 647 Mouse IgG2a, κ Isotype Control
Clone G155-178 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Vol. Per Test 5 µl
- Isotype Mouse BALB/c IgG2a, κ
Isotype control, Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen TNP-keyhole limpet hemocyanin
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The G155-178 clone has an unknown specificity. Trinitrophenol (TNP), the immunogen, is a hapten not expressed on human, mouse, rat or non-human primate cells. In the absence of specific binding, this antibody may bind non-specifically to immunoglobulin Fc receptors. The immunoglobulin secreted by the G155-178 hybridoma was selected as a mouse IgG2a, κ isotype control following screening for low background binding on a variety of mouse and human tissues.
This antibody is routinely tested by flow cytometric analysis. Other applications were tested at BD Biosciences Pharmingen during antibody development only or reported in the literature.
Alexa Fluor® 647 conjugates are highly photostable and remain fluorescent over a broad pH range. The excitation and emission maxima are nearly identical to those of APC. However, APC tends to be brighter while Alexa Fluor® 647 is more optimal for intracellular applications. This fluorochrome exhibits uncommon photostability, making it an ideal choice for use in fluorescence microscopy. Due to nearly identical excitation and emission properties but different spillover characteristics, APC and Alexa Fluor® 647 cannot be used simultaneously.
Preparation and Storage
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated to Alexa Fluor® 647 under optimum conditions, and unreacted Alexa Fluor® 647 was removed.
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
- The Alexa Fluor®, Pacific Blue™, and Cascade Blue® dye antibody conjugates in this product are sold under license from Molecular Probes, Inc. for research use only, excluding use in combination with microarrays, or as analyte specific reagents. The Alexa Fluor® dyes (except for Alexa Fluor® 430), Pacific Blue™ dye, and Cascade Blue® dye are covered by pending and issued patents.
- Alexa Fluor® 647 fluorochrome emission is collected at the same instrument settings as for allophycocyanin (APC).
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- Alexa Fluor® is a registered trademark of Molecular Probes, Inc., Eugene, OR.
This product is routinely tested on peripheral blood.