Alexa Fluor® 647 Mouse Anti-Human CD135
Clone 4G8 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name FLK2; FLT-3; Fms-related tyrosine kinase 3; STK-1
- Vol. Per Test 5 µl
- Isotype Mouse BALB/c IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Human FLT3 Transfected Cell Line
- Workshop No. VI C-27
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The 4G8 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to CD135 which is also known as FMS-like tyrosine kinase 3 (FLT3), Fetal liver kinase 2 (FLK2) and Stem cell tyrosine kinase 1 (STK1). CD135 is a 155-160 kDa type I transmembrane glycoprotein. It belongs to subclass III of the receptor tyrosine kinase (RTK) family which includes receptors for M-CSF (CD115), SCF/c-Kit Ligand (CD117), and PDGF (CD140a and CD140b). CD135 is expressed on multipotential, myelomonocytic and primitive B-cell progenitors. The most primitive hematopoietic progenitor cells express low levels of CD135. CD135 plays the role of growth factor receptor for early hematopoietic progenitors. Reports from studies with knockout mice have shown that targeted CD135 disruption impaired the development of primitive progenitor cells of all hematopoietic lineages with significant impact on lymphopoietic precursors.
Alexa Fluor® 647 conjugates are highly photostable and remain fluorescent over a broad pH range. The excitation and emission maxima are nearly identical to those of APC. However, APC tends to be brighter while Alexa Fluor® 647 is more optimal for intracellular applications. This fluorochrome exhibits uncommon photostability, making it an ideal choice for use in fluorescence microscopy. Due to nearly identical excitation and emission properties but different spillover characteristics, APC and Alexa Fluor® 647 cannot be used simultaneously.
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated to Alexa Fluor® 647 under optimum conditions, and unreacted Alexa Fluor® 647 was removed.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
- The Alexa Fluor®, Pacific Blue™, and Cascade Blue® dye antibody conjugates in this product are sold under license from Molecular Probes, Inc. for research use only, excluding use in combination with microarrays, or as analyte specific reagents. The Alexa Fluor® dyes (except for Alexa Fluor® 430), Pacific Blue™ dye, and Cascade Blue® dye are covered by pending and issued patents.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- Alexa Fluor® is a registered trademark of Molecular Probes, Inc., Eugene, OR.
- Alexa Fluor® 647 fluorochrome emission is collected at the same instrument settings as for allophycocyanin (APC).
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.