Purified Mouse Anti-Human Disialoganglioside GD2
Clone 14.G2a (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name GD2; Disialoganglioside GD2; Ganglioside GD2
- Concentration 0.5 mg/ml
- Isotype Mouse BALB/c IgG2a
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing) Mouse (Tested in Development)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
Immunohistochemistry-frozen, Cytotoxicity, Immunofluorescence (Reported)
- Immunogen LAN-1 human neuroblastoma cells
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
Gangliosides are sialic-acid bearing glycolipids that are expressed on the surface of all mammalian cells, and are likely involved in mediating cell-substratum interactions. They are important target antigens for antibody dependent cellular cytotoxicity (ADCC) of human melanoma and neuroblastoma cells. Human melanoma cells produce gangliosides, designated as GD2 and GD3 which are deposited in the subtratum-attached material, and may play a significant role in the melanoma metastatic phenotype. Clone 14.G2a specifically reacts with human and mouse GD2 ganglioside. LAN-1 human neuroblastoma cells were used as immunogen. Clone 14.G2a is an isotype switch variant selected from the parental IgG3-producing hybridoma 14.18 and has identical reactivity as the parental antibody. Clone 14.G2a is routinely tested by flow cytometry using M21 human melanoma cells.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Sodium azide is a reversible inhibitor of oxidative metabolism; therefore, antibody preparations containing this preservative agent must not be used in cell cultures nor injected into animals. Sodium azide may be removed by washing stained cells or plate-bound antibody or dialyzing soluble antibody in sodium azide-free buffer. Since endotoxin may also affect the results of functional studies, we recommend the NA/LE (No Azide/Low Endotoxin) antibody format, if available, for in vitro and in vivo use.
Human neuroblastoma and melanoma cells are suggested as positive controls. Clone 14.G2a has also been reported for antibody-dependent and complement-mediated cytotoxicity of GD2 positive tumor cells and inhibit the growth of GD2 positive cells in athymic nude mice.