Rainbow Calibration Particles (8 peaks), 3.0 - 3.4 µm
- Brand Sphero™
- Storage Buffer Aqueous solution containing 0.01%NP40 and ≤ 0.02% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The vial contains a mixture of 3.0 - 3.4 µm Rainbow Particles that are dyed to eight different fluorescent intensities. Every Rainbow Particle contains a mixture of fluorophores that are excited at any wavelength from 365 - 650 nm. The Rainbow Particles have emission spectra compatible with many common fluorophores used for immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis.
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- Cy is a trademark of GE Healthcare.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
This particle mixture (~10x10^6 particles/ml) is useful for routine calibration of flow cytometers. Before use, resuspend the particles by vortexing. Dilution of 3 - 5 drops of particles to 1 ml of sheath fluid will provide an adequate number of particles for flow cytometric analysis.