Purified Rat Anti-Mouse IL-17A
Clone TC11-18H10 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Concentration 0.5 mg/ml
- Isotype Rat LEW, also known as Lewis IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Mouse (QC Testing)
Intracellular block/flow cytometry, ELISA Capture (Routinely Tested)
Neutralization (Tested During Development)
Western blot (Reported)
- Immunogen Recombinant Mouse IL-17A Protein
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The TC11-18H10 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to recombinant and natural mouse IL-17A proteins. IL-17A, also known as CTLA-8, is a T cell-derived cytokine that promotes inflammatory responses. Mouse IL-17A is a proinflammatory cytokine that can induce the release of IL-6 by mouse stromal cells. It has been shown to support the growth of hemopoietic progenitors in vitro; it can also stimulate granulopoiesis in vivo. The TC11-18H10 antibody has been reported to neutralize IL-17A activity. Recent studies have shown that IL-17A is produced by a unique subset of Th17 cells that develop along a pathway distinct from the Th1- and Th2- cell differentiation pathways. The mouse IL-17A cDNA was isolated from a cDNA library generated from TCRαβ+CD4-CD8- thymocytes.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
Store undiluted at 4°C.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
Recommended Assay Procedure:
Blocking Control for Intracellular Staining: The purified TC11-18H10 antibody can be used as a blocking control to demonstrate specificity of IL-17A staining by PE-TC11-18H10 antibody (Cat. No. 559502). To perform this control, the fixed/permeabilized cells (~1 million) can be incubated with 1-10 µg of unlabeled TC11-18H10 antibody (Cat. No. 559501) for 20 minutes at 4°C, prior to staining with PE-TC11-18H10 antibody (e.g., 0.1 -0.5 µg mAb/1 million cells). The intracellular cytokine staining technique and use of blocking controls are described in detail by C. Prussin and D. Metcalfe. For specific methodology, please visit our web site, www.bdbiosciences.com and go to the protocols section or the chapter on intracellular staining in the Immune Function Handbook.
1. ELISA Capture: The purified TC11-18H10 antibody (Cat. No. 555068) is useful as a capture antibody for a sandwich ELISA for measuring mouse IL-17A protein levels. Purified TC11-18H10 antibody can be paired with the biotinylated TC11-8H4 (Cat. No. 555067) antibody as the detecting antibody.
2. Western Blot: The TC11-1810 antibody has been reported to be useful for Western Blotting. Please note that this application is not routinely tested at BD Biosciences.
3. Neutralization: TCII-18H10 has been shown to be a neutralizing antibody. Please note that this application is not routinely tested at BD Biosciences.