APC Rat Anti-Mouse/Anti-Human IL-5
Clone TRFK5 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Concentration 0.2 mg/ml
- Isotype Rat IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Mouse (QC Testing) Human (Tested in Development)
Intracellular staining (flow cytometry) (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Mouse Semi-Purified T-Cell Clone Supernatant
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The TRFK5 antibody reacts with mouse interleukin-5 (IL-5) and cross-reacts with human IL-5. The TRFK5 antibody has been reported to cross react with IL-5 from rhesus monkey. This is a neutralizing antibody.
Allophycocyanin (APC), is an accessory photosynthetic pigment found in blue-green algae. Its molecular weight is approximately 105 kDa. APC has six phycocyanobilin chromophores per molecule, which makes it a very bright fluorochrome that is highly suitable for flow cytometry applications. Due to nearly identical excitation and emission properties but different spillover characteristics, APC and Alexa Fluor® 647 cannot be used simultaneously
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated to APC under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free APC were removed.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- This APC-conjugated reagent can be used in any flow cytometer equipped with a dye, HeNe, or red diode laser.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
For optimal immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis, this anti-cytokine antibody should be titrated. A suitable rat IgG1 isotype control assessing the level of background staining on fixed/permeabilized or human cells is APC Rat IgG1 κ, clone R3-34 (Cat. No. 554686). An isotype control should be used at comparable concentrations to antibody of interest. For specific methodology, please visit our website protocol section or refer to Chapter 4: Immunofluorescent Staining of Intracellular Molecules for Flow Cytometric Analysis in our handbook: Techniques for Immune Function Analysis Application Handbook 1st Edition, which also can be found at www.bdbiosciences.com.