FITC Mouse Anti-Human CD3
Clone UCHT1 (also known as UCHT-1; UCHT 1) (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Vol. Per Test 20 µl
- Isotype Mouse BALB/c IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Human infant thymocytes and peripheral blood lymphocytes from a Sézary Syndrome donor
- Workshop No. I WT3; III 471
- Entrez Gene ID 916
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The UCHT1 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to the human CD3ε-chain, a 20-kDa subunit of the CD3/T cell antigen receptor complex. CD3ε is expressed on 70-80% of normal human peripheral blood lymphocytes and 60-85% of thymocytes. Studies from the HLDA Workshop show that this antibody is mitogenic for CD3ε-positive cells when used in conjunction with costimulatory agents such as pokeweed mitogen or anti-CD28 antibody. CD3 plays a central role in signal transduction during antigen recognition. The UCHT1 antibody stains both surface and intracellular CD3ε unlike the other CD3 clone, HIT3a, that stains only extracellular CD3ε.
This antibody is routinely tested by flow cytometric analysis. Other applications were tested at BD Biosciences Pharmingen during antibody development only or reported in the literature.
FITC, fluorescein isothiocyanate, is a fluorochrome with a molecular weight of 389 Da. FITC is sensitive to pH changes and photobleaching. Due to nearly identical excitation and emission properties but different spillover characteristics, FITC and Alexa Fluor® 488 cannot be used simultaneously. FITC is relatively dim and should be reserved for highly expressed markers whenever possible.
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with FITC under optimum conditions, and unreacted FITC was removed.
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/us/s/resources for technical protocols.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.