Purified NA/LE Rat Anti-Mouse TNF
Clone MP6-XT22 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name Tnf; Tnfa; TNF alpha; TNF-a; Tnfsf1a; Tnfsf2; TNFSF2; Cachectin; DIF
- Concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- Isotype Rat IgG1
- Reactivity Mouse (QC Testing)
Intracellular staining (flow cytometry) (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Recombinant Mouse TNF
- Storage Buffer No azide/low endotoxin: Aqueous buffered solution containing no preservative, 0.2µm sterile filtered. Endotoxin level is ≤0.01 EU/µg (≤0.001 ng/µg) of protein as determined by the LAL assay.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The MP6-XT22 antibody specifically binds to mouse Tumor Necrosis Factor (TNF, also known as TNF-α). TNF is produced by many activated cell types including monocytes, macrophages, astrocytes, granulocytes, mast cells, T and B lymphocytes, NK cells, keratinocytes, fibroblasts, adipocytes, and certain tumor cells. Activated cells express type II transmembrane TNF glycoproteins that associate as homotrimeric complexes. After enzymatic cleavage, the extracellular regions of membrane TNF are shed as soluble homotrimers. TNF is a potent multifunctional cytokine that can exert regulatory and cytotoxic effects on a wide range of normal lymphoid and non-lymphoid cells and tumor cells. Although TNF serves as a primary mediator in protective immune responses against microbial and viral pathogens, it can also drive systemic pathophysiologic responses including septic shock, cachexia and autoimmune diseases. Mouse TNF exerts its biological activities by binding and signaling through cell surface membrane Type I and Type II TNF Receptors (aka, TNFRI/CD120a and TNFRII/CD120b, respectively).
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
This preparation contains no preservatives, thus it should be handled under aseptic conditions.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.