PE Mouse Anti-Human CD126
Clone M5 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name Interleukin 6 Receptor alpha chain; IL-6R alpha; IL-6Rα
- Vol. Per Test 20 µl
- Isotype Mouse BALB/c IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen CD126 Recombinant Protein
- Workshop No. VI C63; IX 36
- Entrez Gene ID 3570
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The M5 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to human CD126 which is also known as the alpha subunit of the human IL-6 Receptor (IL-6Rα). CD126 is an 80 kDa type I transmembrane glycoprotein, also known as gp80 and B cell stimulatory factor-2 (BSF-2) Receptor. The IL-6Rα subunit associates with the 130-160 kDa gp130 subunit (IL-6 Receptor β chain, CD130), that is shared with the receptor complexes for Leukemia Inhibitory Factor (LIF), Ciliary Neurotropic Factor (CNTF), Oncostatin M (OSM), IL-11, Cardiotropin 1 (CT-1) and possibly Neurotrophin-1/B Cell-Stimulating Factor 3 (NNT-1/BSF-3). The IL-6Rα chain binds IL-6 with low affinity; however the association with CD130 stabilizes the IL-6/IL-6Rα complex resulting in the formation of a high affinity ligand-receptor complex. The IL-6Rβ chain mediates signal transduction. CD126 is expressed at high levels by activated and EBV-transformed B cells, plasma cells and myeloma cells and at lower levels by most leucocytes, epithelial cells, fibroblasts, hepatocytes and neural cells. IL-6Rα exists in soluble form in human serum. The serum levels of soluble IL-6Rα appear to elevate in pathological situations such as multiple myeloma, Grave's disease, juvenile chronic arthritis and HIV. The M5 antibody is directed against an epitope not involved in interactions of CD126 with IL-6 or CD130.
- Format PE
- Excitation Source Blue 488 nm,Green 532 nm,Yellow/Green 561 nm
- Excitation Max 496 nm
- Emission Max 578 nm
R-phycoerythrin (PE) is an accessory photosynthetic pigment found in red algae. It exists in vitro as a 240-kDa protein with 23 phycoerythrobilin chromophores per molecule. This makes PE one of the brightest fluorochromes for flow cytometry applications, but its photobleaching properties make it unsuitable for fluorescence microscopy.
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with R-PE under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free PE were removed.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- Ficoll-Paque is a trademark of Amersham Biosciences Limited.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/us/s/resources for technical protocols.
Immunofluorescent Staining and Flow Cytometric Analysis: The PE Mouse Anti-Human CD126 (Cat. No. 551850) can be used for the immunofluorescent staining (20 µg/10e6 cells) and flow cytometric analysis of human nucleated cells to measure their expressed levels of surface IL-6Ra.15 An appropriate purified immunoglobulin is PE Mouse IgG1, κ Isotype Control (Cat. No. 555749).
ELISA: Purified Mouse Anti-Human CD126 (Cat. No. 551462) is useful as a capture for a sandwich ELISA that measures soluble human IL-6Ra protein levels. The M5 antibody can be paired with the M182 antibody and recombinant soluble human IL-6Ra as a standard.