PE Mouse Anti-Human CD95
Clone DX2 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name APO-1; FAS; TNFRSF6; APT1; ALPS1A; FAS1; FASTM; FASLG receptor
- Vol. Per Test 20 µl
- Isotype Mouse C3H, also known as C3H/He, C3H/Bi IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing) Rhesus, Cynomolgus, Baboon (Tested in Development)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Human CD95-transfected L Cells
- Workshop No. VI C-64
- Entrez Gene ID 355
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The DX2 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to the human Fas antigen (also called APO-1). This 45 kDa type I transmembrane glycoprotein was designated as CD95 at the Fifth HLDA Workshop. Fas is a member of the TNF-receptor superfamily and is also known as Tumor necrosis factor receptor superfamily member 6 (TNFRSF6). It is differentially expressed on a variety of normal and neoplastic cells. These include some undifferentiated thymocytes, and activated T and B lymphocytes, natural killer (NK) cells, monocytes, neutrophils, fibroblasts, and cell lines. CD95 is preferentially expressed on CD45RO-positive memory T lymphocytes and γ/δ T lymphocytes. The Fas/CD95 antigen is a polypeptide that plays a role in the programmed sequence of events leading to cell death, termed apoptosis. Crosslinking CD95 with DX2 antibody delivers an apoptotic signal indicating that DX2 recognizes a functional epitope of the CD95 antigen.
- Format PE
- Excitation Source Blue 488 nm,Green 532 nm,Yellow/Green 561 nm
- Excitation Max 496 nm
- Emission Max 578 nm
R-phycoerythrin (PE) is an accessory photosynthetic pigment found in red algae. It exists in vitro as a 240-kDa protein with 23 phycoerythrobilin chromophores per molecule. This makes PE one of the brightest fluorochromes for flow cytometry applications, but its photobleaching properties make it unsuitable for fluorescence microscopy.
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with R-PE under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free PE were removed.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Species testing during development may have been performed with a different format of the same clone. Selected applications have been tested for cross-reactivity.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.