PE-Cy™5 Mouse Anti-Human CD38
Clone HIT2 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Vol. Per Test 20 µl
- Isotype Mouse IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Workshop No. III T155
- Entrez Gene ID 952
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The HIT2 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to CD38. The CD38 antigen is also known as T10, ADP-ribosyl cyclase 1, and cyclic ADP ribose hydrolase 1. CD38 is a 45 kDa type II single-chain transmembrane glycoprotein present on thymocytes, activated T cells and terminally differentiated B cells (plasma cells). CD38 is expressed by other cells including monocytes, macrophages, dendritic cells, NK cells, myeloid and erythroid precursors and some epithelial cells. The CD38 antigen acts as an ectoenzyme that catalyzes the synthesis and hydrolysis of a Ca++ mobilizing agent, cyclic ADP-ribose. This intracellular calcium plays an important role in cell signaling pathways leading to cellular growth, apoptosis, and differentiation. CD38 binds to CD31 and thus plays a role in lymphocyte adhesion to endothelial cells.
- Format PE-Cy™5
- Excitation Source Blue 488 nm,Green 532 nm,Yellow/Green 561 nm
- Excitation Max 496 nm
- Emission Max 667 nm
PE-Cy™5 is a tandem conjugate that combines phycoerythrin and a cyanine dye. Because of its broad absorption range and the fact that its emission spectra are equivalent to APC, PE-Cy5 is not recommended for simultaneous use with APC. The Cy5 molecule has been shown to exhibit nonspecific binding to Fc receptors, which is most apparent on monocyte populations. PE-Cy5 is not recommended for fluorescence microscopy because it is subject to photobleaching.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with PE-Cy5 (formerly known as BD Cy-Chrome™) under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free PE-Cy5 were removed.
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/us/s/resources for technical protocols.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Cy is a trademark of Amersham Biosciences Limited. This conjugated product is sold under license to the following patents: US Patent Nos. 5,486,616; 5,569,587; 5,569,766; 5,627,027.
- PE-Cy5 is optimized for use with a single argon ion laser emitting 488-nm light. Because of the broad absorption spectrum of the PE-Cy5 tandem fluorochrome, extra care must be taken when using dual-laser cytometers which may directly excite both PE and Cy5™.
- This product is subject to proprietary rights of Amersham Biosciences Corp. and Carnegie Mellon University and made and sold under license from Amersham Biosciences Corp. This product is licensed for sale only for research. It is not licensed for any other use. If you require a commercial license to use this product and do not have one return this material, unopened to BD Biosciences, 10975 Torreyana Rd, San Diego, CA 92121 and any money paid for the material will be refunded.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.