BV421 Mouse Anti-Human CD184
Clone 12G5 (RUO)
- Brand BD Horizon™
- Alternative Name CXCR4; Fusin; SDF-1 receptor; LAP3; LCR1; LESTR; NPYY3R; NPY3R; WHIM; HM89
- Vol. Per Test 5 µl
- Isotype Mouse BALB/c IgG2a, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen SIVmac variant CP-MAC-infected Sup-T1 cells
- Workshop No. VII 70204, 70305
- Entrez Gene ID 7852
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The 12G5 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to CD184, also known as CXCR4 and Fusin. CD184/CXCR4 is a seven-transmembrane domain, G-protein-linked, glycoprotein chemokine receptor. CD184 serves as a receptor for the C-X-C chemokine, SDF-1. It is expressed on a wide variety of hematopoietic cells including lymphoid and myeloid precursor cells, megakaryocytes, platelets, T and B lymphocytes, granulocytes, monocytes/macrophages, and dendritic cells. It is also expressed on vascular endothelial cells, epithelial cells, neurons and astrocytes. CD184 plays a variety of roles in hematopoiesis, vascularization and neural development. CD184 also functions as a coreceptor for infection with T-cell tropic strains of HIV-1 and as a receptor for CD4-independent infection by some HIV isolates. The 12G5 antibody has been reported to block CD4-independent infection by HIV-2 and CD4-dependent infection by some T-cell tropic isolates of HIV-1.
The antibody was conjugated to BD Horizon™ BV421 which is part of the BD Horizon™ Brilliant Violet™ family of dyes. With an Ex Max of 407-nm and Em Max at 421-nm, BD Horizon™ BV421 can be excited by the violet laser and detected in the standard Pacific Blue™ filter set (eg, 450/50-nm filter). BD Horizon™ BV421 conjugates are very bright, often exhibiting a 10 fold improvement in brightness compared to Pacific Blue™ conjugates.
BV421 is a polymer-based dye excited by the violet laser and is one of the brightest fluorochromes offered by BD Biosciences. Conjugates are typically 10 times brighter than Pacific Blue™ conjugates and are often as bright as or brighter than PE conjugates. Due to nearly identical excitation and emission properties but different spillover characteristics, BD Horizon BV421, Pacific Blue™, and BD Horizon™ V450 cannot be used simultaneously.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with BD Horizon BV421 under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free BD Horizon BV421 were removed.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- Brilliant Violet™ 421 is a trademark of Sirigen.
- Pacific Blue™ is a trademark of Molecular Probes, Inc., Eugene, OR.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.