BUV395 Mouse Anti-Human CD25
Clone 2A3 (RUO)
- Brand BD Horizon™
- Alternative Name IL-2R; IL2RA; IL-2Rα; TCGFR; TAC antigen; p55
- Vol. Per Test 5 µl
- Isotype Mouse BALB/c IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Human Phytohemagglutinin-activated T Cells
- Workshop No. III A769,T153; IV A8
- Entrez Gene ID 3559
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The 2A3 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to human CD25, the low-affinity alpha subunit of the Interleukin-2 Receptor (IL-2Rα). CD25 associates with CD122 (IL-2R β chain) and CD132 (common γ chain or γc) to form the high-affinity signal-transducing IL-2R complex. CD25 is expressed by a subset of peripheral blood lymphocytes including CD4+CD25+ natural regulatory T cells. CD25 antigen density increases on activated T cells including phytohemagglutinin (PHA)-, concanavalin A (Con A)-, and CD3-activated T lymphocytes. High levels of CD25 can also be expressed by T lymphocytes from mixed lymphocyte cultures and by human T-lymphocyte leukemia virus (HTLV)-infected T-lymphocyte leukemia lines, for example, HUT-102. Recombinant IL-2 blocks the binding of the 2A3 antibody to PHA-activated T lymphocytes.
The antibody was conjugated to BD Horizon™ BUV395 which has been exclusively developed by BD Biosciences as an optimal dye for use on a 355 nm laser equipped instrument. With an Ex Max at 348 nm and an Em Max at 395 nm, this dye has virtually no spillover into any other detector. BD Horizon™ BUV395 can be excited with a 355 nm laser and detected with a 379/28 filter.
BUV395 is a UV-excitable dye that has been developed exclusively by BD Biosciences. With an excitation max of 348 nm and emission max of 395 nm, BUV395 can be excited by the 355-nm laser and detected in a 379/28 filter. This dye is optimal for multicolor flow cytometry because it has little to no spillover into other detectors.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with BD Horizon BUV395 under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free BD Horizon BUV395 were removed.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.