APC Mouse Anti-Human CD103
Clone Ber-ACT8 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name ITGAE; Integrin alpha-E; ITAE; HML-1 antigen; Mucosal lymphocyte 1; HUMINAE
- Vol. Per Test 5 µl
- Isotype Mouse BALB/c IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Human MAPS16 T Cell Line
- Workshop No. V A067, BP047, S256
- Entrez Gene ID 3682
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The Ber-ACT8 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to the human mucosal lymphocyte antigen 1 (HML-1). This is a 175 kDa type I transmembrane glycoprotein, also known as integrin αE (ITGAE, Integrin alpha-E) and CD103. It is found on >90% of intestinal intraepithelial lymphocytes (iIEL) associated with integrin β7. CD103 is also expressed on lamina propria T lymphocytes in the intestine and on phytohemagglutinin-stimulated peripheral blood lymphocytes. It is rarely expressed on resting peripheral blood lymphocytes. It has been suggested that CD103 may have an accessory function for activation of iIEL. CD103 has been reported as a useful tool in hairy cell leukemia research.
Allophycocyanin (APC), is an accessory photosynthetic pigment found in blue-green algae. Its molecular weight is approximately 105 kDa. APC has six phycocyanobilin chromophores per molecule, which makes it a very bright fluorochrome that is highly suitable for flow cytometry applications. Due to nearly identical excitation and emission properties but different spillover characteristics, APC and Alexa Fluor® 647 cannot be used simultaneously
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated to APC under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free APC were removed.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- This APC-conjugated reagent can be used in any flow cytometer equipped with a dye, HeNe, or red diode laser.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.