APC-Cy™7 Mouse Anti-Human CD25
Clone M-A251 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name IL-2R; IL2RA; IL-2Rα; TCGFR; TAC antigen; p55
- Vol. Per Test 5 µl
- Isotype Mouse BALB/c IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing) Rhesus, Cynomolgus, Baboon (Tested in Development)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Phytohemagglutinin stimulated human lymphocytes
- Workshop No. IV A053
- Entrez Gene ID 3559
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The M-A251 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to the 55 kDa type I transmembrane glycoprotein known as low-affinity interleukin-2 receptor alpha chain subunit (IL-2Rα). CD25 is expressed on regulatory T cells, activated lymphocytes (T and B), and monocytes. It associates with the IL-2Rβ/CD122 and IL-2Rγ/CD132 receptor chains to form the high-affinity IL-2R complex. CD25 expression on T and B lymphocytes is upregulated by antigenic or mitogenic stimulation. Soluble CD25/IL-2Rα is produced as a consequence of lymphocyte stimulation and is found in biological fluids following inflammatory responses.
APC-Cy™7 is a tandem fluorochrome that combines APC and a cyanine dye (Cy7). Special precautions must be taken with APC-Cy7 conjugates, and cells stained with them, to protect the fluorochrome from long-term exposure to light. Some APC-Cy7 conjugates show changes in their emission spectra with prolonged exposure to paraformaldehyde. Fixed cells should be analyzed within 4 hours of fixation in paraformaldehyde or transferred to a paraformaldehyde-free buffer for overnight storage. Due to nearly identical excitation and emission properties but different spillover characteristics, APC-Cy7 and APC-H7 cannot be used simultaneously.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with APC-Cy7 under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free APC-Cy7 were removed.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- APC-Cy7 is a tandem fluorochrome composed of Allophycocyanin (APC), which is excited by laser lines between 595 and 647 nm and serves as an energy donor, coupled to the cyanine dye Cy7™, which acts as an energy acceptor and fluoresces at 780 nm. BD Biosciences Pharmingen has maximized the fluorochrome energy transfer in APC-Cy7, thus maximizing its fluorescence emission intensity, minimizing residual emission from APC, and minimizing required electronic compensation in multilaser-laser flow cytometry systems. Note: Although every effort is made to minimize the lot-to-lot variation in residual emission from APC, it is strongly recommended that every lot be tested for differences in the amount of compensation required and that individual compensation controls are run for each APC-Cy7 conjugate.
- APC-Cy7 tandem fluorochrome emission is collected in a detector for fluorescence wavelengths of 750 nm and higher.
- Please observe the following precautions: Absorption of visible light can significantly alter the energy transfer occurring in any tandem fluorochrome conjugate; therefore, we recommend that special precautions be taken (such as wrapping vials, tubes, or racks in aluminum foil) to prevent exposure of conjugated reagents, including cells stained with those reagents, to room illumination.
- Warning: Some APC-Cy7 and PE-Cy7 conjugates show changes in their emission spectrum with prolonged exposure to formaldehyde. If you are unable to analyze fixed samples within four hours, we recommend that you use BD™ Stabilizing Fixative (Cat. No. 338036).
- Cy is a trademark of GE Healthcare.
- Species cross-reactivity detected in product development may not have been confirmed on every format and/or application.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/us/s/resources for technical protocols.