PE Mouse Anti-Human CD24
Clone ML5 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name Heat Stable Antigen Homologue (HSA); Ba-1; CD24A
- Vol. Per Test 20 µl
- Isotype Mouse IgG2a, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Workshop No. IV B243; V CD24.5
- Entrez Gene ID 100133941
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The ML5 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to CD24 which is also known as CD24A, signal transducer CD24, small cell lung carcinoma cluster 4 antigen, or BA-1. CD24 is a 35-70 kDa glycophosphatidylinositol (GPI)-linked glycoprotein whose glycosylation pattern is highly variable and cell-type dependent. CD24 is expressed on neutrophils, eosinophils, dendritic cells, neural cells, epithelial cells, muscle cells, and many types of cancer cells. CD24 functions as an adhesion receptor. Several different ligands have been identified for CD24 including CD62P (P-selectin) which is expressed on activated platelets and activated endothelium. CD24 is variably expressed on all B lineage cells, except plasma cells, and can play a role in regulating the activation, proliferation or differentiation of these cells.
- Format PE
- Excitation Source Blue 488 nm,Green 532 nm,Yellow/Green 561 nm
- Excitation Max 496 nm
- Emission Max 578 nm
R-phycoerythrin (PE) is an accessory photosynthetic pigment found in red algae. It exists in vitro as a 240-kDa protein with 23 phycoerythrobilin chromophores per molecule. This makes PE one of the brightest fluorochromes for flow cytometry applications, but its photobleaching properties make it unsuitable for fluorescence microscopy.
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with R-PE under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free PE were removed.
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/us/s/resources for technical protocols.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.