Purified Mouse Anti-Human CD147
Clone HIM6 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name BSG; Basigin; BASI; Neurothelin; 5F7; EMMPRIN; M6; OK; TCSF
- Concentration 0.5 mg/ml
- Isotype Mouse IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Workshop No. VI NL109
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The HIM6 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to CD147 which is encoded by BSG. CD147 is a type I transmembrane glycoprotein (30-50 kDa) of the immunoglobulin super-gene family. Neurothelin, a blood-brain barrier-specific molecule, was clustered as CD147 in the Sixth Human Leukocyte Differentiation Antigen (HLDA) workshop. It bears homology with mouse gp42 or basigin, human "M6" or "EMMPRIN", rat OX-47 or CD-9, and avian HT7 or 5A11. CD147 is also known as Tumor cell-derived collagenase stimulatory factor (TCSF). CD147 is a molecule that is broadly expressed on cells of hematopoietic and non-hematopoietic origin. Its expression on specific cell types may be regulated by cytokines. CD147 plays a role in embryonal blood-brain barrier development and a role in integrin-mediated adhesion in brain endothelia.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
Store undiluted at 4°C.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.