APC Mouse Anti-Human CD209
Clone DCN46 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name DC-SIGN
- Vol. Per Test 20 µl
- Isotype Mouse IgG2b, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Human Monocyte Derived DC Cells
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA, protein stabilizer, and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The DCN46 antibody specifically binds to dendritic cell-specific ICAM-3 grabbing nonintegrin (DC-SIGN or CD209), a type-II membrane protein of approximately 44 kDa with a mannose-binding C-type lectin domain. It is highly expressed on dendritic cells in mucosal tissues. Its sequence is identical to the HIV-1 envelope gp120-binding C-type lectin, and reports suggest that DC-SIGN binds to HIV-1 gp120 and effectively transmits infectious HIV-1 to resting T lymphocytes expressing CD4 and chemokine receptors. The C-type lectin domain of DC-SIGN is also capable of binding other pathogenic viruses, bacteria, and parasites. Reports also suggest that DC-SIGN enables the highly efficient migration of dendritic cells from blood into the tissues. It can interact with ICAM-2, which has a similar sequence as ICAM-3, and is abundantly expressed on vascular and lymphoid endothelium. Thus, DC-SIGN mediates dendritic cells rolling and transendothelial migration, and its interaction with ICAM-2 is essential to specific migratory functions of dendritic cells.
Allophycocyanin (APC), is an accessory photosynthetic pigment found in blue-green algae. Its molecular weight is approximately 105 kDa. APC has six phycocyanobilin chromophores per molecule, which makes it a very bright fluorochrome that is highly suitable for flow cytometry applications. Due to nearly identical excitation and emission properties but different spillover characteristics, APC and Alexa Fluor® 647 cannot be used simultaneously
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated to APC under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free APC were removed.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- This APC-conjugated reagent can be used in any flow cytometer equipped with a dye, HeNe, or red diode laser.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.