PE Rat Anti-CD11b
Clone M1/70 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name Itgam; Integrin alpha-M; Ly-40; Mac-1a; Mac-1 alpha; CR3A; CR-3 alpha chain
- Concentration 0.2 mg/ml
- Isotype Rat DA, also known as DA/HA IgG2b, κ
- Reactivity Mouse (QC Testing) Human (Tested in Development)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Mouse Splenic Cells
- Entrez Gene ID 16409
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The M1/70 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to CD11b, also known as Integrin alpha M (Itgam or αM). CD11b is a 170-kDa type 1 transmembrane glycoprotein and belongs to the Integrin alpha chain family. CD11b serves as the alpha chain of the heterodimeric Mac-1 integrin (CD11b/CD18, αMβ2), also known as complement receptor 3 (CR3). Mac-1 mediates adhesion to ICAM-1 (CD54), ICAM-2 (CD102), fibrinogen and binding to C3bi. Mac-1 is expressed at varying levels on granulocytes, macrophages, myeloid-derived dendritic cells, natural killer cells, microglia, and B-1 B lymphocytes. Mac-1 expression is rapidly upregulated on neutrophils after activation, in the same time period that CD62L (L-selectin) is shed from the cell surface. The M1/70 antibody reportedly blocks cell adherence and C3bi binding but does not block cell-mediated lysis. Cross-reaction of the M1/70 antibody with CD11b expressed on human monocytes, polymorphonuclear leukocytes, and NK cells has been reported.
- Format PE
- Excitation Source Blue 488 nm,Green 532 nm,Yellow/Green 561 nm
- Excitation Max 496 nm
- Emission Max 578 nm
R-phycoerythrin (PE) is an accessory photosynthetic pigment found in red algae. It exists in vitro as a 240-kDa protein with 23 phycoerythrobilin chromophores per molecule. This makes PE one of the brightest fluorochromes for flow cytometry applications, but its photobleaching properties make it unsuitable for fluorescence microscopy.
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with R-PE under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free PE were removed.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Species testing during development may have been performed with a different format of the same clone. Selected applications have been tested for cross-reactivity.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.