PE Mouse Anti-Human CD14
Clone M5E2 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Vol. Per Test 20 µl
- Isotype Mouse IgG2a, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing) Rhesus, Cynomolgus, Baboon, Dog (Tested in Development)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Human CD14 Protein
- Workshop No. II M34; III M329
- Entrez Gene ID 929
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The M5E2 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to CD14, a 53-55 kDa glycosylphosphatidylinositol (GPI)-anchored single chain glycoprotein expressed at high levels on monocytes. Additionally, the anti-CD14 antibody reacts with interfollicular macrophages, reticular dendritic cells, and some Langerhans cells. CD14 has been identified as a high affinity cell-surface receptor for complexes of lipopolysaccharide (LPS) and serum LPS-binding protein, LPB.
- Format PE
- Excitation Source Blue 488 nm,Green 532 nm,Yellow/Green 561 nm
- Excitation Max 496 nm
- Emission Max 578 nm
R-phycoerythrin (PE) is an accessory photosynthetic pigment found in red algae. It exists in vitro as a 240-kDa protein with 23 phycoerythrobilin chromophores per molecule. This makes PE one of the brightest fluorochromes for flow cytometry applications, but its photobleaching properties make it unsuitable for fluorescence microscopy.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
The antibody was conjugated with R-PE under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free PE were removed.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.