Purified NA/LE Rat Anti-Mouse CD140a
Clone APA5 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name Pdgfra; Pdgfr2; PDGF-R alpha; Platelet derived growth factor receptor alpha
- Concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- Isotype Rat WF, also known as Wistar Furth IgG2a, κ
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Mouse PDGF Receptor α chain
- Entrez Gene ID 18595
- Storage Buffer No azide/low endotoxin: Aqueous buffered solution containing no preservative, 0.2µm sterile filtered. Endotoxin level is ≤0.01 EU/µg (≤0.001 ng/µg) of protein as determined by the LAL assay.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The APA5 antibody monoclonal antibody specifically binds to CD140a, the Platelet-Derived Growth Factor Receptor alpha chain (PDGFR-a, PDGFR-α). CD140a is a receptor tyrosine kinase that is widely expressed on cells of mesenchymal origin in the embryo and adult. CD140a is expressed on several other cell types during embryonic development, but not on hematopoietic cells. CD140a binds to PDGF A and B chains, in contrast to PDGFR-b (CD140b) that binds only to the PDGF B chain. Biologically active PDGF is a disulphide-linked dimer, forming the AA, AB, and BB isoforms. Ligand binding to the PDGF Receptor induces the formation of receptor dimers (aa, ab, or bb), autophosphorylation, and internalization. The APA5 antibody has been demonstrated to block binding of PDGF-AA to PDGFR-a-expressing cells in vitro and to block some PDGF-mediated developmental events in vivo.
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
This preparation contains no preservatives, thus it should be handled under aseptic conditions.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.