PE Mouse anti-SSEA-1
Clone MC480 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name 3-FAL, X-hapten, LeX antigen, CD15
- Vol. Per Test 20 µl
- Isotype Mouse BALB/c IgM, κ
- Reactivity Mouse (QC Testing) Human (Tested in Development)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Mouse Teratocarcinoma Cell Line
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA, protein stabilizer, and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The MC480 monoclonal antibody reacts with Stage-Specific Embryonic Antigen-1 (SSEA-1), which is a terminal carbohydrate epitope (3-fucosyl-N-acetyllactosamine or 3-FAL) on glycoproteins and lactose-series glycolipids. SSEA-1 is related to Lewis blood group antigens and is found in a variety of embryonic as well as adult tissues and cancers. As its name implies, the expression of SSEA-1 is stage-specific and can be used to characterize embryonic cells and monitor their differentiation. However, its expression pattern differs between human and mice. In the human, SSEA-1 is not found on embryonic stem (ES) cells, embryonic inner cell mass (ICM), or teratocarcinoma (embryonal carcinoma or EC) cells. As human EC and ES cells undergo differentiation, SSEA-1 expression is upregulated. In the adult, the same epitope is expressed as CD15 on granulocytes and monocytes, but not lymphocytes or dendritic cells. In the mouse, SSEA-1 is found on EC, ES, primordial germ cells, 8-cell to blastocyst embryos, ICM, and subpopulations of cells in the adult central nervous system, including stem cells. In contrast to human SSEA-1 expression, it is reduced when mouse EC and ES cells undergo differentiation.
- Format PE
- Excitation Source Blue 488 nm,Green 532 nm,Yellow/Green 561 nm
- Excitation Max 496 nm
- Emission Max 578 nm
R-phycoerythrin (PE) is an accessory photosynthetic pigment found in red algae. It exists in vitro as a 240-kDa protein with 23 phycoerythrobilin chromophores per molecule. This makes PE one of the brightest fluorochromes for flow cytometry applications, but its photobleaching properties make it unsuitable for fluorescence microscopy.
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with R-PE under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free PE were removed.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Please refer to http://regdocs.bd.com to access safety data sheets (SDS).
- Species cross-reactivity detected in product development may not have been confirmed on every format and/or application.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/us/s/resources for technical protocols.
BD™ CompBeads can be used as surrogates to assess fluorescence spillover (Compensation). When fluorochrome conjugated antibodies are bound to CompBeads, they have spectral properties very similar to cells. However, for some fluorochromes there can be small differences in spectral emissions compared to cells, resulting in spillover values that differ when compared to biological controls. It is strongly recommended that when using a reagent for the first time, users compare the spillover on cell and CompBead to ensure that BD Comp beads are appropriate for your specific cellular application.