Alexa Fluor® 700 Rat Anti-Mouse CD34
Clone RAM34 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Concentration 0.2 mg/ml
- Isotype Rat IgG2a, κ
- Reactivity Mouse (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Recombinant Mouse CD34
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing protein stabilizer and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The RAM34 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to the CD34 glycoprotein on the surface of three independently derived mouse CD34-transfected cell lines. RAM34 antibody also reacts with the mouse cell lines PA6, 416B, Swiss 3T6, NIH, 3T3, DA1, and M1, all of which are positive for expression of mouse CD34 mRNA. Cell lines shown to be negative for CD34 mRNA transcript, including WEHI-3B, EL4, 18.8, and CMT64/61, are also negative for surface expression of CD34 as determined by RAM34 staining. Normal thymocytes and splenocytes are negative for CD34 expression. In the bone marrow, 7-10% of cells are stained with the RAM34 antibody, including most of the Ly-6A/E (Sca-1)+ CD90 (Thy-1)low Lineage Marker- hematopoietic stem cell-enriched subpopulation and myeloerythroid progenitors. CD34 is also expressed on a small percentage of fetal liver cells, including NK-cell progenitors. CD34 has been reported to be expressed on the endothelium of capillaries and, in this form, to function as a ligand for L-selectin. Consistent with this observation, RAM34 antibody stains endothelial cells in spleen, thymus, and postcapillary HEVs in the lymph nodes. It is reported that RAM34 antibody can be used to select CD34+ CD117 (c-Kit)+ Ly-6A/E (Sca-1)+ Lineage Marker- bone marrow-derived hematopoietic stem cells, capable of short-term multi-lineage reconstitution of lethally irradiated mice. In contrast, the CD34- CD117+ Sca-1+ Lineage Marker- population contains self-renewing hematopoietic stem cells. Similarly, the bone marrow population with high dye-efflux capacity and highly enriched for long-term reconstituting hematopoietic stem cells, is CD34- CD117 (c-Kit)+ Ly-6A/E (Sca-1)+ Lineage Marker-.
Alexa Fluor® 700 is a far-red dye that can be excited with a 633–640-nm laser. This enables multicolor analysis in conjunction with APC or Alexa Fluor® 647, and APC-H7 or APC-Cy7 reagents.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated to Alexa Fluor® 700 under optimum conditions, and unreacted Alexa Fluor® 700 was removed.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Alexa Fluor® 700 has an adsorption maximum of ~700nm and a peak fluorescence emission of ~720nm. Before staining cells with this reagent, please confirm that your flow cytometer is capable of exciting the fluorochrome and discriminating the resulting fluorescence.
- Alexa Fluor® is a registered trademark of Molecular Probes, Inc., Eugene, OR.
- The Alexa Fluor®, Pacific Blue™, and Cascade Blue® dye antibody conjugates in this product are sold under license from Molecular Probes, Inc. for research use only, excluding use in combination with microarrays, or as analyte specific reagents. The Alexa Fluor® dyes (except for Alexa Fluor® 430), Pacific Blue™ dye, and Cascade Blue® dye are covered by pending and issued patents.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.