PE Mouse Anti-Human CD31
Clone WM59 (also known as WM-59) (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name EndoCAM; GPIIA'; PECA1; PECAM1; Platelet endothelial cell adhesion molecule
- Vol. Per Test 20 µl
- Isotype Mouse IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing) Rhesus, Cynomolgus, Baboon (Tested in Development)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Workshop No. V P025
- Entrez Gene ID 5175
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The WM59 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to platelet endothelial cell adhesion molecule-1, (PECAM-1, PECAM1), which is also known as GPIIA', or EndoCAM. CD31 is a 130 kDa type I transmembrane glycoprotein that belongs to the Ig gene superfamily. CD31 has wide tissue distribution and is expressed on platelets, monocytes, granulocytes, NK cells, T cell subsets, and in high amounts on endothelial cells. CD31 functions as a vascular endothelial cell adhesion molecule and is involved in the transendothelial migration of leucocytes in inflammatory responses. It might be involved in thrombosis, angiogenesis, and wound healing. The WM59 appears to recognize an epitope proximal to extracellular domain 2 of CD31.
Clone WM59 also cross-reacts with peripheral blood platelets and leukocytes of baboon, and both rhesus and cynomolgus macaque monkeys. The staining intensity of WM59+ platelets is similiar to that observed with peripheral blood platelets from normal human donors. Lymphocytes, monocytes, and granulocytes react less with WM59 than normal human leukocytes.
- Format PE
- Excitation Source Blue 488 nm,Green 532 nm,Yellow/Green 561 nm
- Excitation Max 496 nm
- Emission Max 578 nm
R-phycoerythrin (PE) is an accessory photosynthetic pigment found in red algae. It exists in vitro as a 240-kDa protein with 23 phycoerythrobilin chromophores per molecule. This makes PE one of the brightest fluorochromes for flow cytometry applications, but its photobleaching properties make it unsuitable for fluorescence microscopy.
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with R-PE under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free PE were removed.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Species testing during development may have been performed with a different format of the same clone. Selected applications have been tested for cross-reactivity.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.