PE Mouse Anti-Human CD166
Clone 3A6 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Vol. Per Test 20 µl
- Isotype Mouse IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Workshop No. VI A109
- Entrez Gene ID 214
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The 3A6 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to the activated leukocyte cell adhesion molecule (ALCAM), a 100-105 kDa transmembrane glycoprotein, also known as the CD6 ligand, CD166. It is composed of an immunoglobulin-like extracellular domain, a transmembrane region and a short cytoplasmic tail. ALCAM belongs to the Ig superfamily of proteins and is expressed on neurons, activated T cells, activated monocytes, epithelial cells and fibroblasts. CD166 plays an important role in mediating adhesion interactions between thymic epithelial cells and CD6+ cells during intrathymic T-cell development.
- Format PE
- Excitation Source Blue 488 nm,Green 532 nm,Yellow/Green 561 nm
- Excitation Max 496 nm
- Emission Max 578 nm
R-phycoerythrin (PE) is an accessory photosynthetic pigment found in red algae. It exists in vitro as a 240-kDa protein with 23 phycoerythrobilin chromophores per molecule. This makes PE one of the brightest fluorochromes for flow cytometry applications, but its photobleaching properties make it unsuitable for fluorescence microscopy.
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with R-PE under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free PE were removed.
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.