Alexa Fluor® 647 Mouse Anti-Human CD24
Clone ML5 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name Heat Stable Antigen Homologue (HSA); Ba-1; CD24A
- Vol. Per Test 20 µl
- Isotype Mouse IgG2a, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Workshop No. IV B243; V CD24.5
- Entrez Gene ID 100133941
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The ML5 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to CD24 which is also known as CD24A, signal transducer CD24, small cell lung carcinoma cluster 4 antigen, or BA-1. CD24 is a 35-70 kDa glycophosphatidylinositol (GPI)-linked glycoprotein whose glycosylation pattern is highly variable and cell-type dependent. CD24 is expressed on neutrophils, eosinophils, dendritic cells, neural cells, epithelial cells, muscle cells, and many types of cancer cells. CD24 functions as an adhesion receptor. Several different ligands have been identified for CD24 including CD62P (P-selectin) which is expressed on activated platelets and activated endothelium. CD24 is variably expressed on all B lineage cells, except plasma cells, and can play a role in regulating the activation, proliferation or differentiation of these cells.
Alexa Fluor® 647 conjugates are highly photostable and remain fluorescent over a broad pH range. The excitation and emission maxima are nearly identical to those of APC. However, APC tends to be brighter while Alexa Fluor® 647 is more optimal for intracellular applications. This fluorochrome exhibits uncommon photostability, making it an ideal choice for use in fluorescence microscopy. Due to nearly identical excitation and emission properties but different spillover characteristics, APC and Alexa Fluor® 647 cannot be used simultaneously.
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated to Alexa Fluor® 647 under optimum conditions, and unreacted Alexa Fluor® 647 was removed.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- The Alexa Fluor®, Pacific Blue™, and Cascade Blue® dye antibody conjugates in this product are sold under license from Molecular Probes, Inc. for research use only, excluding use in combination with microarrays, or as analyte specific reagents. The Alexa Fluor® dyes (except for Alexa Fluor® 430), Pacific Blue™ dye, and Cascade Blue® dye are covered by pending and issued patents.
- Alexa Fluor® is a registered trademark of Molecular Probes, Inc., Eugene, OR.
- Alexa Fluor® 647 fluorochrome emission is collected at the same instrument settings as for allophycocyanin (APC).
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.