PE Hamster Anti-Mouse CD80
Clone 16-10A1 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name Cd80; B7; B7-1; Cd28l; Ly-53; MIC17; TSA1
- Concentration 0.2 mg/ml
- Isotype Armenian Hamster IgG2, κ
- Reactivity Mouse (QC Testing) Dog (Reported)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Mouse CD80 (B7) Transfected Cell Line
- Entrez Gene ID 12519
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The 16-10A1 monoclonal antibody specifically recognizes CD80 (B7-1). This member of the Ig superfamily, like CD86 (B7-2), can bind to either CD28 or CD152 (CTLA-4) and provide either costimulatory or coinhibitory signals to T cells, respectively. CD80 is constitutively expressed on dendritic cells, monocytes, and peritoneal macrophages as well as by activated B cells and T cells. The 16-10A1 antibody blocks binding of CTLA-4 Ig to CD80 as well as T-cell activation by Con A-elicited peritoneal exudate cells or CD80-transfected cell lines. However, the 16-10A1 antibody alone is not able to block T-cell activation by antigen-presenting cells. The 16-10A1 antibody may reportedly block the binding of another CD80-specific antibody, clone 1G10. In addition, the 16-10A1 antibody may crossreact with an activation antigen expressed on IFN-γ-activated alveolar macrophages of the dog.
- Format PE
- Excitation Source Blue 488 nm,Green 532 nm,Yellow/Green 561 nm
- Excitation Max 496 nm
- Emission Max 578 nm
R-phycoerythrin (PE) is an accessory photosynthetic pigment found in red algae. It exists in vitro as a 240-kDa protein with 23 phycoerythrobilin chromophores per molecule. This makes PE one of the brightest fluorochromes for flow cytometry applications, but its photobleaching properties make it unsuitable for fluorescence microscopy.
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with R-PE under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free PE were removed.
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Although hamster immunoglobulin isotypes have not been well defined, BD Biosciences Pharmingen has grouped Armenian and Syrian hamster IgG monoclonal antibodies according to their reactivity with a panel of mouse anti-hamster IgG mAbs. A table of the hamster IgG groups, Reactivity of Mouse Anti-Hamster Ig mAbs, may be viewed at http://www.bdbiosciences.com/documents/hamster_chart_11x17.pdf.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.