BV421 Mouse Anti-Human Activated Mac-1 (CD11b)
Clone CBRM1/5 (RUO)
- Brand BD Horizon™
- Alternative Name MAC-1A; Mac-1; ITGAM; Integrin alpha M; CR3A; CR-3 alpha; Mo1; SLEB6
- Vol. Per Test 5 µl
- Isotype Mouse BALB/c IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Human Mac-1 Protein
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The CBRM1/5 monoclonal antibody specifically recognizes an activated form of the CD11b molecule that is expressed on activated monocytes, granulocytes, NK cells, and subsets of T and B cells. CD11b is also known as the alpha chain of either Mac-1 (MAC-1A/Mac-1α) or Complement receptor 3 (CR3A). CD11b is a ~165 kDa type I transmembrane glycoprotein that is encoded by ITGAM (Integrin alpha M). CD11b associates with CD18 (Integrin beta 2) to form the CD11b/CD18 complex, which is also known as the Mac-1 integrin or the Complement receptor 3 (CR3). CD11b functions in cell-cell and cell-substrate interactions involved in leucocyte activation, adhesion, migration, phagocytosis, and other effector functions. CD11b/CD18 serves as a receptor for multiple ligands including iC3b, CD50 (ICAM-3), CD54 (ICAM-1), CD102 (ICAM-2), and fibrinogen. The CBRM1/5 reportedly inhibits Mac-1-dependent adhesion of stimulated neutrophils to CD54 or fibrinogen.
The antibody was conjugated to BD Horizon BV421 which is part of the BD Horizon Brilliant™ Violet family of dyes. With an Ex Max of 407-nm and Em Max at 421-nm, BD Horizon BV421 can be excited by the violet laser and detected in the standard Pacific Blue™ filter set (eg, 450/50-nm filter). BD Horizon BV421 conjugates are very bright, often exhibiting a 10 fold improvement in brightness compared to Pacific Blue conjugates.
BV421 is a polymer-based dye excited by the violet laser and is one of the brightest fluorochromes offered by BD Biosciences. Conjugates are typically 10 times brighter than Pacific Blue™ conjugates and are often as bright as or brighter than PE conjugates. Due to nearly identical excitation and emission properties but different spillover characteristics, BD Horizon BV421, Pacific Blue™, and BD Horizon™ V450 cannot be used simultaneously.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with BD Horizon BV421 under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free BD Horizon BV421 were removed.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- Pacific Blue™ is a trademark of Molecular Probes, Inc., Eugene, OR.
- BD Horizon Brilliant Violet 421 is covered by one or more of the following US patents: 8,158,444; 8,362,193; 8,575,303; 8,354,239.
- BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer is covered by one or more of the following US patents: 8,110,673; 8,158,444; 8,575,303; 8,354,239.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
For optimal and reproducible results, BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer should be used anytime two or more BD Horizon Brilliant dyes are used in the same experiment. Fluorescent dye interactions may cause staining artifacts which may affect data interpretation. The BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer was designed to minimize these interactions. More information can be found in the Technical Data Sheet of the BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer (Cat. No. 563794).