APC Mouse anti-Human CD123
Clone 7G3 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name IL3RA; IL-3RA; IL-3Rα; IL-3R-alpha; Interleukin-3 receptor subunit alpha
- Vol. Per Test 20 µl
- Isotype Mouse IgG2a, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Human IL-3Ra-transfected cells
- Entrez Gene ID 3563
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The 7G3 monoclonal antibody specifically recognizes human CD123, the 70 kDa IL-3 Receptor α (IL-3Rα) chain. CD123 associates with CD131, the 120-140 kDa Common β chain to form the IL-3 Receptor Complex. CD131 is shared with the receptors for interleukins IL-5 and GM-CSF. IL-3Rα is expressed on hematopoietic progenitors and plays an important role in hematopoietic progenitor cell growth and differentiation. It is also expressed by mast cells, macrophages and a CD5+ B cell subset. This antibody has been reported to block the binding of 125I-IL-3 to high and low affinity IL-3 receptors. In functional experiments, this antibody was found to inhibit acute myeloid leukemia cell proliferation, basophil histamine release, endothelial cell-mediated IL-8 secretion, and neutrophil transmigration. This antibody has been reported to be useful for immunoprecipitation, Western blot and immunofluorescent staining for flow cytometry. At the Fifth HLDA Workshop, the human IL-3 receptor was designated CD123.
Allophycocyanin (APC), is an accessory photosynthetic pigment found in blue-green algae. Its molecular weight is approximately 105 kDa. APC has six phycocyanobilin chromophores per molecule, which makes it a very bright fluorochrome that is highly suitable for flow cytometry applications. Due to nearly identical excitation and emission properties but different spillover characteristics, APC and Alexa Fluor® 647 cannot be used simultaneously
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated to APC under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free APC were removed.
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.